Oil temp guage replacement

skidkid

Reaction score
Okay I notice that my oil temp isnt moving on the pillar. So have most people found it to be the sending unit of the guage its self that is the problem?

Weeks after getting my new truck I noticed mine doesn't even have the glass on the face. It still works though I just have to move the needle to operating temp with my finger as the operating temp rises. Any idea on a good replacement guage?

I was going to post about this issue today. I contacted Autometer and asked them about this issue. I returned my guage to them at their request and received it back a few days later with a note saying the guage was built to Dodge specs so they won't repair it. I called back to Autometer and asked them about an aftermarket replacement and they said they weren't sure an aftermarket guage would work with the Dodge engine temp sensor and wiring. I ended up at a deadend.

Has anyone replaced the guage with aftermarket? Do you have part numbers and manufacturers? Does the sensor have to be changed too?

I thought of just eliminating the guage and ordered the standard MOPAR A pillar replacement trim but it doesn't fit the SRT correctly either without some modifications.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back