Oil temp guage.

john b

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My aftermarket autometer oil temp gauge does not work. where would I look for sending unit? Is it the small sender on side of block where oil cooler lines come out? Any Ideas what to check first.

My aftermarket autometer oil temp gauge does not work. where would I look for sending unit? Is it the small sender on side of block where oil cooler lines come out? Any Ideas what to check first.

It's not the stock pillar gauge from autometer?
Yessir that's the location of sender. Tap on gauge with finger and see if it moves.

Just replaced mine yesterday with one that I got from PhxPoolGuy, thanks Rick. It's just like the one that I took out, except that it works. I like having the SRT on it.

i had mine replaced also a few weeks ago , a fellow truck driver from Belgium helped me out with one from a salvage SRT10 with 15K miles on it.

That's funny mine just stopped working last night..must be something going around around here???

10 year anniversary? We should do something special to commemorate 10 years since our first trucks were built :)

Mine just started sticking. Tap to get a new reading. Any OEM SRT ones out there? Or do I need to find a replacement.

My gauge just started wrapping around to the 6 o clock position soon as i turn the key on then when its turned off it goes to 0 but it doesnt go backwards it just keeps wrapping around like its winding up lol

My gauge just started wrapping around to the 6 o clock position soon as i turn the key on then when its turned off it goes to 0 but it doesnt go backwards it just keeps wrapping around like its winding up lol

I keep these in stock cause they always are going out. Give me a shout if you'd like to replace it with a factory new guage.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back