ok title question

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have a guy i work with asked me if i wanted to buy a harley for 500 bucks ,,i told him show me a picture ,,he came in yesterday with this

securedownload.jpg

said his uncle gave it to him a few years back and just wants it out of his garage ,,i almost fell over ,,he said he has no title ,,im wondering if this is old enough to be titleless and only needs a bill of sale ,,,how would i go about checking vin number to make sure it is clear :dontknow:

Why do I smell a rat in this deal???

I would have it in my possesion when I give him the money.

Check with your County Clerks office (Tag Office) to get the straight info on bill of sale or title.

Why do I smell a rat in this deal???

I would have it in my possesion when I give him the money.

Check with your County Clerks office (Tag Office) to get the straight info on bill of sale or title.

thats what i said ,,his uncle was 75 when he gave it to him ,,he has passed since then ,,,it was in his barn for 20 years ,,,showed me the picture were they had to chop weeds down to get it out ,,i just want to make sure its clean ,,i know it is a 50,s model bike and at sometime there were no titles on them back then just dont know when :dontknow:this guy is dumber than a box of rocks ,,he even asked me if i could tell him how to take the front wheel off ,,,he cant tape up a torn paper bag let alone work on anything ,,,his wife wants it out of garage ,,,might be a hell of a deal if its clean:dontknow:

Last edited:
i beleive its like you Jack ,,,an old knuclehead from the 40,s or 50,s ,hahahaha:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont know about texas,but in fla.with a bill of sell on something that old with a statement from this guy about how he got it you can get a title,check texas law.

Dont know about texas,but in fla.with a bill of sell on something that old with a statement from this guy about how he got it you can get a title,check texas law.

i want to see vin ,,i think you can check year of it through vin number ,,his uncle acctually had two of them

i want to see vin ,,i think you can check year of it through vin number ,,his uncle acctually had two of them

Yeah you should be able to check age by vin,get the vin and go to the title office,or the H.D.dealership they should have a book on vin numbers.

for $500, I would gamble on it, and not look back.

make it happen, like, TODAY.

I have to agree, get it done, worry about the paperwork later. Buy it NOW!!

The tank, front fender and front suspension look like a 1936 model...very valuable.

went to go look at it ,,its a 1929 WOW ,,problem ,,it has had the vin number ground off frame ,,that puppy is hotter than a fire cracker ,,,he called his cousin the son of the uncle to come get it the hell off his property ,,:mad::mad: double bummer :mad::mad:

went to go look at it ,,its a 1929 WOW ,,problem ,,it has had the vin number ground off frame ,,that puppy is hotter than a fire cracker ,,,he called his cousin the son of the uncle to come get it the hell off his property ,,:mad::mad: double bummer :mad::mad:

Go buy the damned thing, why let someone working for the Govt have it? It was prolly stolen back in 46 or some shit and no record of anything. You don't need a VIN to register a "CUSTOM BUILT" bike.;)

Go buy the damned thing, why let someone working for the Govt have it? It was prolly stolen back in 46 or some shit and no record of anything. You don't need a VIN to register a "CUSTOM BUILT" bike.;)

:dito: :D

You can prolly get it even cheaper now! ........ebay at worst.

you guys are some kind of bad lol ,,i did find out that its been in that barn since 1958 to 1959 :itsme:i made an offer ,,,see if he takes it now ,,he is spooked since i showed him the vin was gone :dontknow:

you guys are some kind of bad lol ,,i did find out that its been in that barn since 1958 to 1959 :itsme:i made an offer ,,,see if he takes it now ,,he is spooked since i showed him the vin was gone :dontknow:

Don't lose it dipshit, you can dismantle it for parts for 10 grand!!

Don't lose it dipshit, you can dismantle it for parts for 10 grand!!
if he wont sell only thing i can do is steal it lol again hahah you bunch of crooks :D he went looking on ebay and stuff and is getting big dollars ideas now ,,,says he seen one on there for 40,000 ,,but it was restored ,,cant make him sell it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back