OMG WTF?

Belt, tensioner or Idler pulley??? Can you get a vid from under the hood???

I agree! Hopefully its something easy like a freezing idler pulley bearing or tensioner pulley. Look at everything while its doing this. How does belt look? Watch fan and see if its culprit. It's a terrible and spooky scary sound for sure. :eek:

Is your air conditioning on or is your heat set to defrost wind shield on in video? If so turn it off and see if noise goes away. Also see if you can accurately spray wd40 onto bearing of idler pulley. Hard to tell by the noise.

Honestly, I cut it off out of fear it was a bad chain guide or something. I don't know if I should drive to the shop or tow. Will try to lube the pulleys and start up when it is warm out. It was 63 today though.

Thx

Belt, tensioner or Idler pulley??? Can you get a vid from under the hood???

Pretty solid chance Hawk is right here. If you aren't comfortable trying it on your own, have it towed in. Better safe than sorry.

Belt, tensioner...

That was culprit. Plastic pulley went bye bye, due to bad bearings. There were little pieces of black plastic all over the engine compartment.

I should have done the repair myself after seeing how quick my tech made 90 bucks off me...

Oddly, the truck runs way better now...go figure.

big

:rock::rock::rock:

Oddly, the truck runs way better now...go figure.

big[/QUOTE]

Now all the accessories are turning like they should. 14.1V does wonders for the ECM & coils!

Was also going to ask if your neighbor was missing a cat. If this was the problem you would have been glad you took it to a shop.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back