? on knock sensor

Stanimal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok viper techs here ya go.

1. do the 04's have the hole drilled and tapped for a knock sensor, or do i have to make a new hole?

2. can the 04 pcm be flashed to read a knock sensor?

3. or do i have to change the computer, harness, and ignition to a 05??

i am close to being finished on my turbo setup, and last minute we decided to try and run a knock sensor. the guy tuning said it would be much safer. any help is greatly appreciated.

I can't help you with 04's but the 05's have two holes with two sensors on top of the engine.

I did put an additional MSD knock sensor on mine. It is somewhat limited since you have to set your own sensitivity and we really have no baseline for it. Nevertheless, it alerted me at the Nats during my pass where I had some knocking and I only knew by the MSD sensor, no indication from the stock sensors (not saying they didn't work or pull timing), where I shut down the NOS and WOT. So it may have done some good overall for my engine.

I posted on here about the MSD knock sensor.
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8000&page=2&highlight=knock
page 2

Last edited:
(1) Bosses are there but need to be drilled/tapped
(2) No - No way to reprogram the PCM to accept knock sensors
(3) You can upgrade/update the harness and PCM but the cost and possibility of it not working properly far outweighs running with an aftermarket knock sensor and fuel/timing controller.

well ill forget running the vec and switch to a msd knock sensor and the aem standalone. thanks guys. was just a idea. another thing. could you possably give me product numbers for the resistors needed for the iat, and PM me the shenamic for it. if possable. thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back