? on the SRT 10 front suspension...

BadVenom

Reaction score
So, I know that our v10 weighs around 500 pounds, question is, would the front suspension hold up to say....400 more pounds without extensive mods?

Possible, i've found a somewhat ok condition QC that a kid blew the motor up in. I was wondering if it would be feasible to make an oil burner SRT if I can sweet talk them out of it for cheap. They talked like they were going to shove an LS motor in it but I have been trying to talk them into selling it. Its one of those nephew of a friend of a friend deals.

I think ironhead used 3/4 ton springs in the front of his 10 to lower it so I'd think it'd hold the extra weight with a spring swap

I have looked and looked, just can't find any useful info on one that has been done. The real question is would it be worth it to install a cummins in place of the blown v10. I haven't personally seen it but I guess he reved the sucker till she let loose completely, I have been told he cratered the block.

I think it would be awesome and the suspension would hold fine! Of course the retail value would be nill after such a project, but it would no doubt look badass and move the fawk out!:D

Not when the price of a new motor is factored in :)
He said block toast:dontknow:

This right here, is the whole basis of it. I would be looking at serious coin either way. A friend may or may not have an already hopped up cummins engine for sale as well. I was just brainstorming if I could score this kind of rough SRT10 and cummins for sayyy under 10k all together then we might have something lol.

Not when the price of a new motor is factored in :)
He said block toast:dontknow:

Didn't Justin have a built short block for sale for about $3500 awhile back? You could use it and the Strikers off Ironheads wrecked truck and for less than $5k be running 11's. :D

Damn you, dont tempt me lol.

Dom was building BIG horsepower and the Cummins guys were all freaking out about how little boost it took to do it. If boost isn't your thing, we have a couple guys with stock engines who run mid 11's with 150 shot.

Diesels are great and all, but if you are looking for a fast street truck, you can't go wrong with a '10.

I love boost, the jungle juice is fun but expensive and a hassle over time. This was just a brainstorm if I could score a roller 10 for cheap.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back