One extreme to the next!

SRTShelton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always had a thing for the 03-05 ram body style, this is my old ram I sold to buy my new 10. It's a way different ball game and it's safe to say I love the 10 way more :)

A52DFDDC-3601-4323-8E9C-F8FAD5C33303-525-000000EB362F3A61_zps6f7ebb74.jpg

02489F3A-B56C-4F62-8576-0017851169F9-525-000000EB2238A8A9_zps275f1a40.jpg

It was a 03, 11 inches of custom leaf spring lift, ford 1 ton axles, 536 gears, 44 inch intercos, suede and leather similar to the 10, as far as to get the tank rolling it had the hemi, cold air, some wire mod that was similar to a tune, magna flow custom exhaust no cats. The gears is what really helped though. And it got 15mpg :)

I'm surprised the 545re lived in that configuration. How did you set up the steering?

I'm surprised the 545re lived in that configuration. How did you set up the steering?

It didnt lol, I replaced the trans twice, second time the new owner got the fresh trans, and also was busting transfer case halves left and right. I think 3 times? The steering was also custom. Had to go though the frame and weld sleeves for the f350 steering and make sure everything was lined up. It was pretty close but not factory reliability by no means. However it did hold up

Very cool looking truck, doesn't sound like it was very reliable though.

IMO, a truck built like that is good for canyon crawling, mudbogging, general off road mischief. Not that great for running down the hiway & in town driving. Be a kickass ride, just not for what some consider "normal" driving. I do like it tho...

Yea it was a play vehicle, not a dd, same with my 10

Love the truck bro! I had built many lifted trucks through the years.

Thanks guys, yea man them toys get expensive, and most of them don't last long and you're on to the next money pit!

Love the truck bro! I had built many lifted trucks through the years.

That is a sick truck and right color :)
I too had a thing for extreme lifted trucks. I built an 85' K- 5 Blazer from the ground up with a 15" suspension, 3" body lift atop 44's and 5:13 gears. My first fully built engine done by myself was the 454 that replaced the anchor 305 with 454rwhp/501rwtq and in 4 low would scare the earth below it when all four spun the huge 44" TSLs on 15x14 wheels.
Sold it to fund a fat ring and honeymoon for my X!!
Lesson learned and no selling toys for a woman.:mad:
Here's a few pics of her

I too had a thing for extreme lifted trucks. I built an 85' K- 5 Blazer from the ground up with a 15" suspension, 3" body lift atop 44's and 5:13 gears. My first fully built engine done by myself was the 454 that replaced the anchor 305 with 454rwhp/501rwtq and in 4 low would scare the earth below it when all four spun the huge 44" TSLs on 15x14 wheels.
Here's a few pics of her

Nice! I had another 95 built for mud drag racing and was gonna go with a 454 but I couldn't find a seasoned block! And even harder to find was a 400 block for the 406 I had built. Had to pay out the a hole for it, I too sold it for stupid reasons. School....

Nice! I had another 95 built for mud drag racing and was gonna go with a 454 but I couldn't find a seasoned block! And even harder to find was a 400 block for the 406 I had built. Had to pay out the a hole for it, I too sold it for stupid reasons. School....

Nah school is an investment you can get a return on. X wives are not ;):burnout:

Here's a few pics of her

10 bolts + 44's = short lived fun!

10 bolts + 44's = short lived fun!

That's the Rumor, but if geared nicely they don't take any more strain than stock. It's been rock climbing, mudding, pulling many stuck guys out, and never once broke until I jumped it for an Arena Truck event. Hit some doubles and landed wrong while giving it gas and ended up driving 30 miles home with front wheel drive. Haha! Next 10 bolt lasted another 3 years when I sold her:rock:
Military axles are the norm but spent money on rest of driveline and suspension.

That's the Rumor, but if geared nicely they don't take any more strain than stock. It's been rock climbing, mudding, pulling many stuck guys out, and never once broke until I jumped it for an Arena Truck event. Hit some doubles and landed wrong while giving it gas and ended up driving 30 miles home with front wheel drive. Haha! Next 10 bolt lasted another 3 years when I sold her:rock:
Military axles are the norm but spent money on rest of driveline and suspension.
We always swapped in a D60/14 bolt combo. Honestly, they broke too. You still have it?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back