oops...

04RAMSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, have not driven the truck since last November, went out to start it today since it started to warm up...dead as hell!!!!

$200 later and I have a new Optmia red top, she started right up after the swap, lol :rock:

$200 for a RedTop, got mine for $159..............

$40 gets you a Battery Tender!

Have one on the SRT and my Buell. Great investment for next year.

What's the difference in the colored tops on those batteries? Have seen some, but don't know anything about them.

$40 gets you a Battery Tender!

Have one on the SRT and my Buell. Great investment for next year.

Yep, on my list for next year. I am thinking the old battery might have been the original, the truck only had 15k when I got it last summer, so probably never charged a lot.

What's the difference in the colored tops on those batteries? Have seen some, but don't know anything about them.

The Red's are for normal automotive use, yellow's are a little bit more heavy duty, have a high cold cranking amperage and manufactured slightly different.

I use Optima yellow tops in my cars that stay in storage, and they never let me down. :)

Despite being made for a heavier duty application, yellow tops are actually thee worst quality aftermarket battery that you can buy.
If your's last 4+years, you're quite lucky. :eek: They are assembled in Mexico with very little quality control.

If you buy another battery, buy an AGM and be done.

Hmm, living in Texas has its advantages, no storage time for the truck. My 10 is an '05 QC with 62K plus miles and the original OEM battery. Dumb me, figure I just go back with the kind that has lasted so long. :rock:Course they most likely put the better batteries in the QC's. :dontknow:

The battery in my truck died this winter as well due to non-use. A month of this cold killed it but luckily I have a trickle charger, so I charged it up and took it for a spin. Probably gonna go for a drive tonight after work!

The battery in my 300 is going on 10 years old this year! I wonder if it's because it is located in the trunk? Better protected from the elements?

Chewy

Braille batteries for the win! Cranks the ol' big V10 over and only weighs about 20lbs!!! Think it was around $250

I still have the 04 original battery, but I charge it once a month over the winter. Saturday it was nice out so I fired up the truck and brought it to temp and put back under the cover. Wish I could have drove it, but the roads are floppy.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back