open track

droptail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BWR101406.jpg

Got ot out on the open track last weekend at Buttonwillow.
Was OK for its current set-up. Engine and brakes are fine. Need swaybars and rubber. Looking at the 2 shots here, it looks like there is 1-2" of body roll in the front.

Last edited:
Nice of ya to share bro......

If ya find sway bars out there.... I'll be right there in line to buy 'em....

Peace,

SD

Road racing in these trucks is a blast. I personally have a better feel for the truck then I did with my previous Viper. When I was at Hastings Motorsports Park the tires would squel around every turn.

I'm looking to get Boomers lowering kit and possibly adjustable shocks put on before next years Rocky Mountain NASA group starts the year. Lowering the center of gravity can only help...I just hope it doesnt hurt the current handling abilities. The truck will lean to a point...then stop. Did you have yours on the roadcoarse before the lowering kit? Are you running with the spare tire to keep some weight on the back end? I was debating whether to pull the spare next year to save some weight (but possibly lose a bit of grip from the loss of weight).

Last edited:
Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Road racing in these trucks is a blast. I personally have a better feel for the truck then I did with my previous Viper. When I was at Hastings Motorsports Park the tires would squel around every turn.

I'm looking to get Boomers lowering kit and possibly adjustable shocks put on before next years Rocky Mountain NASA group starts the year. Lowering the center of gravity can only help...I just hope it doesnt hurt the current handling abilities. The truck will lean to a point...then stop. Did you have yours on the roadcoarse before the lowering kit?
No, it really wouldn't hang in HPDE3 with any less. It is premature as it is. Its going to be a struggle to work my way back up near the top with this beast. I'm going to try and make next months session again at Buttonwillow, push a little harder. Would like to have a stiffer front bar, may try and work something out myself if nothing is available. I ordered the CD and will post some more pics next week. Its a great truck for sure. Wish one of you guys were in the area and could come and play.

When you say work your way back to the top are you talking lap times compared to those in your group? I was in HPDE 3 and my times were about in the middle of the pack when compared to those who had transponders on theirs. I'm just there to learn how to drive the truck to its full potential and have fun. I've thought about HPDE 4 which I dont think would be a problem getting into...its more whether I want to run at that higher level where things are more intense and passing is basically anywhere on the track.

Given the weight of the truck vs the other vehicles I'm not sure I want to get in any situations where I may "influence" another cars decision and possibly get someone hurt from passing/attempting to pass, earlier braking zones, etc. The other guys arent familiar with a truck being with them so their learning the trucks habits/abilities as much as I am.

We really need to develop a retrieval hook or something in case of a crash or accident. Should something happen, your kinda screwed right now both for a front and rear hook.

Can't wait to hear your testing results. I hear Boomer has an adjustable shock. I currently have backed off on the preload of the front say bar and am considering bushings for the rear to get rid of the jittery ride. Getting the center of weight down will help. Thanks for tackling this issue.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
When you say work your way back to the top are you talking lap times compared to those in your group? I was in HPDE 3 and my times were about in the middle of the pack when compared to those who had transponders on theirs. I'm just there to learn how to drive the truck to its full potential and have fun. I've thought about HPDE 4 which I dont think would be a problem getting into...its more whether I want to run at that higher level where things are more intense and passing is basically anywhere on the track.

Given the weight of the truck vs the other vehicles I'm not sure I want to get in any situations where I may "influence" another cars decision and possibly get someone hurt from passing/attempting to pass, earlier braking zones, etc. The other guys arent familiar with a truck being with them so their learning the trucks habits/abilities as much as I am.

We really need to develop a retrieval hook or something in case of a crash or accident. Should something happen, your kinda screwed right now both for a front and rear hook.

I mean up to the performance I was achieving with my previous truck which was top 8% all HPDE (timed). The competition is pretty stiff here, with the likes of Ford GT (40) $ Cobra's in my run group last week, and track only new ZO6's & Ferrari's in HPDE4. My main complaint is the body roll & push as evident in my picture here. I am signed up for next month again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back