operating temp ?

on the highway ,about 195 and idling around town about 210 So yea about normal

Question.....What type of coolant are you guys using? I need to make sure i have the right stuff!

SRT-IZ said:
Question.....What type of coolant are you guys using? I need to make sure i have the right stuff!
Iam useing 100% preston coolant so far no problems.:rock: :rock:

Brat said:
Iam useing 100% preston coolant so far no problems.:rock: :rock:
:eek: 100% as in no water in the system at all? What color?

Brat said:
You are correct sir.
Damn...maybe i should try this. What color? I was told by the dealer not to use the Red/Orange Preston with Drexcool.

Brat said:
You are correct sir.Its green-yellow.
WTF...isnt it Red? I did use yellow to top it off after the t-stat change but wasnt sure.

Mine runs 200 all day long.I have a B&G stage II from boomer and 170 t stat.I heard thats normal and dont worry about it.

GILMO'S10 said:
Mine runs 200 all day long.I have a B&G stage II from boomer and 170 t stat.I heard thats normal and dont worry about it.
Im not, it just would be nice to run 175-180, especially with the 100-110 temps coming up. The truck is my DD and drive about 30 miles to work and home.

SRT-IZ said:
Im not, it just would be nice to run 175-180, especially with the 100-110 temps coming up. The truck is my DD and drive about 30 miles to work and home.

Buy yourself one of the new hoods. My temps drop 30+ degees as soon as I start moving, on the highway 40.

I have the 170 stat and the SCT programmer and Pro Racer software from SCT. I set my fans to come on low speed at 174, and high speed at 176. My truck runs 175 in all weather at any speed (170 when it's really cold outside and the fans don't ever have to come on).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back