Optima Yellow Top??????

WE've got two in the wife's PT one for the general car running aqnd the other for her audio/video, great batteries.

we usually just go by color

red truck = red top
yellow truck = yellow top
white truck = blue top (matches the stripes)

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock:

Optimas are by far the better battery out there,I will be running one in mine when I put the engine back in (Yellow of course,LOL) I had one in my last two trucks also!!

ZCx said:
we usually just go by color

red truck = red top
yellow truck = yellow top
white truck = blue top (matches the stripes)

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

I did some searching last year and some people were having problems
with their Optimas', mainly short life and replacement problems.:dontknow:

I bought a Platinum DieHard for my SRT.
Because of long term storage during winter (no battery tender advice needed.:) )and always needing a jump.

It has higher amp hrs, reserve, better warranty, etc.
Plus stock size and shape.;)

If you have a problem Sears is around every corner.

Platinum--4 year free replacement; 100-Month Prorated Limited Warranty
Optima -3 year free replacement, remaining 36 months prorated

I liked it so much I just bought two for my other cars.

OK... let the Optima flame war start.....without me!:p :D

And it matches by truck color better!
PLATIUM_0.jpg
:rock:

Last edited:
yellow's are around 40-45lb
blue's 50-60lb
and red's 31-38lb

weight depends on size of each color

I just bought red Optimas for the Volvo and the Srt 10...just sitting on the shelf...guess I should put them in.

Prof said:
I just bought red Optimas for the Volvo and the Srt 10...just sitting on the shelf...guess I should put them in.

with Justin's battery relocator kit for the 10????:rock: :rock: :rock:

Sears Platinum here. When she's sitting for a month at a time whilst I am away, there's a slow trickle battery tender hooked up to her to keep her CCA power reserve fresh and ready. I was thinking of going with the Optima and getting one of those neat Optima decorative polished battery covers. But learning about the failures that some owners have experienced thus far, Sears' warranty and replacement program on the Die Hards was just too hard to resist.

i have the red top and its a great battery ,plus it looks good with the other red components under the hood...

ZCx said:
with Justin's battery relocator kit for the 10????:rock: :rock: :rock:

I have been seriously considering that option. Now if Justin will just make that his next monthly discount deal!

I want to clean up the engine compartment...moving the battery to the rear and eliminating the extra battery box should give me a much cleaner look.

EngineCompartment.jpg

ryan said:
i have the red top and its a great battery ,plus it looks good with the other red components under the hood...

:argh:SEE? I KNEW someone was going to come on here sooner or later and make me still want a red OPTIMA battery regardless of how pleased I am with the Die Hard. I'm all about appearance and a red top battery would look absolutely parkay in my engine bay with the current color scheme..

Venom Power said:
:argh:SEE? I KNEW someone was going to come on here sooner or later and make me still want a red OPTIMA battery regardless of how pleased I am with the Die Hard. I'm all about appearance and a red top battery would look absolutely parkay in my engine bay with the current color scheme..

LOL sorry but its true..They look great and its just another cool factor feature under the hood in my opinion..

And remember folks. The yellow top OPTIMA was featured in the 2009 TOTY (PortlandSRT). I miss that truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back