Original Wheel question - Fix/Replace

En4cer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I decide to take the truck out yesterday, and within 3minutes of leaving my home, I drive over something that turned into something big.

Basically, I drove over a loose section of road that popped up a large steel/iron drain sleeve that tore my tire and F'd up my wheel.

I have not had a chance to pull the wheel off yet but I feel like it may have damaged more than just the wheel and tire. The alignment it messed up, and I think the wheel is sticking out a little.

2 Questions:

1) can the OEM wheels be repaired if it is bent/dinged
2) where can I find a replacement Original (non replica) wheel?

My other 3 wheels are basically perfect, so I want a 4th one to match.

I am going to try to find out who's drain that is (county, city, local), and try to get something back.

I'm very pissed as I was less than 1 mile from my door, and thankfully I was able to crawl home.

Oh that sucks. Sorry to hear. X2 builders usually has a few available. Just don't expect it to be cheap. Happy hunting

Sorry to hear about that! I would be pissed, too.

Speedline, Italy - are OEM watch out for aftermarkets

Sorry to hear about that! I would be pissed, too.

Speedline, Italy - are OEM watch out for aftermarkets

I only want an original wheel. Honestly if this was a typical cast wheel, it would have broken and dropped the truck on the ground.

@wildcard: I contacted X2... Thanks

@NukeGM/Ford: I took several pictures pf the ground, and you can clearly see that ground is eaten away and the large iron sleeve lying there. You can also tell that it didn't just happen. I know it's hard to get towns/cities to pay for anything, but I am going to try.

I guess, if anyone has an extra wheel available or knows someone who does, please let me know.

A reputable seller is preferred (of course).

Thankfully I was able to find a few tires to match mine, so atleast there is that.

Thanks for the responses.

I drove over the hole, that collar/cap popped up and out.

Attachments

• 20160430_192129 - Copy.jpg
    20160430_192129 - Copy.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 66
So, I decide to take the truck out yesterday, and within 3minutes of leaving my home, I drive over something that turned into something big.

Basically, I drove over a loose section of road that popped up a large steel/iron drain sleeve that tore my tire and F'd up my wheel.

I have not had a chance to pull the wheel off yet but I feel like it may have damaged more than just the wheel and tire. The alignment it messed up, and I think the wheel is sticking out a little.

2 Questions:

1) can the OEM wheels be repaired if it is bent/dinged
2) where can I find a replacement Original (non replica) wheel?

My other 3 wheels are basically perfect, so I want a 4th one to match.

I am going to try to find out who's drain that is (county, city, local), and try to get something back.

I'm very pissed as I was less than 1 mile from my door, and thankfully I was able to crawl home.

There are other places, but these guys would be worth calling.

Wheel Repair

They did the PermaStar chrome on a couple sets for me and they were easy to work with

Good luck!

Last edited:
Check with some wheel repair shops to first see if the when can be repaired. If you have comprehensive and a low deductible I'd consider filing a claim. If the wheel is to damage for repair x2 will be able to get you a recon OEM wheel. They sold me a set a year ago when all 4 of mine were stolen.

Wheels can be repaired. What I've found, like with most things, the quality of the repair is dependent on the shop/person doing the repair. I've had rims repaired that I literally couldnt see previous damage and others that...well, lets just say it wasn't good. :D

I had a guy here locally straighten and weld my cracked wheel.. yea thats right, i was crazy enough to get it welded lol. i didnt want to pay $300+ for a replacement. He did a really good job and polished the whole wheel for $130.

I had a guy here locally straighten and weld my cracked wheel.. yea thats right, i was crazy enough to get it welded lol. i didnt want to pay $300+ for a replacement. He did a really good job and polished the whole wheel for $130.

Hay it's your skin & truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back