Our Conspicious Consumption...

Prof said:
I am amazed that our companies don't understand the concept of continuous improvement...the embracing of change as a constant in the work place...and forever striving to do things right the first time...

I guess I have been out of industry too long...we used to celebrate the discovery of better ways to do things...maybe it is better now, but I guess I would not fit in...nothing new there...I seldom fit existing molds.

Jake and John...you guys have to be frustrated with the situation???

Where are the 6 Sigma Black Belts these days?

The majority of 6 Smegma Black Belts that I have encountered sit at their desks in never, never land and do nothing.

I had one of these idiots come to a meeting to present some data he had collected on an issue we were having. All he showed was the average data, not the specifics of what was measured. I explained to him that we do not build "Average" assemblies. Well when he finally showed the as measured data, it was out of tolerance on both sides of Zero. Made the "Average" look okay, but the individual parts/assemblies were pieces of shit.

For the most part I have not been impressed by those individuals.

Silverback said:
The majority of 6 Smegma Black Belts that I have encountered sit at their desks in never, never land and do nothing.

I had one of these idiots come to a meeting to present some data he had collected on an issue we were having. All he showed was the average data, not the specifics of what was measured. I explained to him that we do not build "Average" assemblies. Well when he finally showed the as measured data, it was out of tolerance on both sides of Zero. Made the "Average" look okay, but the individual parts/assemblies were pieces of shit.

For the most part I have not been impressed by those individuals.

I agree... Six Sigma is a great thing to have on a resume. But, I have seen very few people that have gone through the program and come out the other end with a working understanding of the principles or how to implement them. Most make it to "black belt" because they headed a project that didn't FAIL... not necessarily because they applied Six Sigma principles to make the project "better".

LEAN Manufacturing (TPS) is a much better program, IMO. Using the program and it's principals properly can create real streamlined results... but, it is mostly at the expense of jobs (sometimes, formerly "critical" high-paying positions).

Black1 said:
I agree... Six Sigma is a great thing to have on a resume. But, I have seen very few people that have gone through the program and come out the other end with a working understanding of the principles or how to implement them. Most make it to "black belt" because they headed a project that didn't FAIL... not necessarily because they applied Six Sigma principles to make the project "better".

LEAN Manufacturing (TPS) is a much better program, IMO. Using the program and it's principals properly can create real streamlined results... but, it is mostly at the expense of jobs (sometimes, formerly "critical" high-paying positions).

What I have found with a lot of these LEAN programs and such is what it comes down to is having some common sense, and thinking things through. And it absolutely amazes me how many people lack that ability. And it does not matter how many classes you send them to, they will never learn it.

Silverback said:
What I have found with a lot of these LEAN programs and such is what it comes down to is having some common sense, and thinking things through. And it absolutely amazes me how many people lack that ability. And it does not matter how many classes you send them to, they will never learn it.

You can't "learn" common sense. :eek: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back