Our latest home improvement project.

VIPR PWR said:
Especially that White fluffy looking supervisor in the 1st set of pics.... Looks like a lazy one to me :D

Going to look good Scott.... Do you have irrigation for the new grass and flowers...it's a must have...

Yeah, we had redone the front lawn about 5 years ago. Stripped it all down to nothing, and put in a complete sprinkler system and then laid Floratam sod. Lost it all last summer to chinch bugs.

And, you're right, that fluffy sup is a lazy little bastard! ;)

TREKER said:
Are they using the existing base material to build up from? Will the pavers be set in sand or concrete?
They put a new layer of fill in and are packing it down, then the pavers will be set with sand.

Jake said:
I also noticed the house across the street is for sale! I'm sure they will LOVE you for redoing your yard! :) I always loved it when my neighbors would work on their yards. I knew my home value would go up-up-up!
It's actually already sold. We went to talk to the real estate guy yesterday because we were interested in buying it, but we were too late. The house sold for $105K which is better than I thought they would get, and that is good for me considering all the work I have done to mine!

Django said:
Since yer doing the adobe color, would I be correct in presuming that yer not gonna do an agregate coating of any kind...?
Correct, not coating of any kind.

I will be posting lots of pics as the work goes on!

More during pics:
DSC_1422.jpg

DSC_1424.jpg

DSC_1423.jpg

This is the color of the pavers:
DSC_1425.jpg

FATJACK said:
Hey Scotty, is that pup Peanut Butter or Jelly???:D :D :dontknow:

That's Butters. :D:p Peanut, the Diva, was at the friggin dentist, if you can believe that!

Demon 8 said:
From the first set of pics I thought you were upgrading the dog.
Should be a nice upgrade and Jim and I can get the lawn looking spiffy for yah. All you have to do is ask.

Yes Not a problem ---I have a connection at a golf course who will donate all the turf you need from one of the greens:D

ntw0rk said:
It's actually already sold. We went to talk to the real estate guy yesterday because we were interested in buying it, but we were too late. The house sold for $105K which is better than I thought they would get, and that is good for me considering all the work I have done to mine!
Shit, $105k? Didn't realize prices were that low there.

OCBob said:
Shit, $105k? Didn't realize prices were that low there.

Yeah the bottom totally fell out in florida...a place I bought for 45k, after 12 years, Is now valued at less than I paid for it,,,,,Really sucks I tell ya. ...Another purchase paid 96k, was a deal =,,, original new sale on that one was 260K it's still time to buy, great deals everywhere...If you can come up with the cash...

good thing is interest rates are low. just refinanced at 4 percent fixed. im luvin it.

More progress pics! Didn't expect them to get this far today!! Woohoo!! :rock:

DSC_1427.jpg

DSC_1428.jpg

DSC_1426.jpg

DSC_1429.jpg

DSC_1430.jpg

Yep Jake! I got tired of moving cars to get in and out, and leaving one parked in the street!!

Here is the end of day one! (These guys BUSTED ASS today!! There were two crews working here, so we got lucky that another project was delayed awaiting special order pavers.)
DSC_1432.jpg

DSC_1433.jpg

DSC_1434.jpg

DSC_1435.jpg

DSC_1436.jpg

That fluffy white worker is still hanging around not doing much! :D

Same pavers I had put in the back in place of my deck. :rock:
They had it all knocked out in 2 days. One day for prep and laying pavers, second day sealed it.

Those pavers look REAL familiar!!! :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: It looks great, Scoot! It'll be great to have some room to work-on/wash the truck! :)

Looks great....hope you changed your sprinkler PVC to something you won't have to dig up anytime soon. Sprinkler pipe is thin and tends to rupture. Not to piss on the parade! Just learned the hard way!

lookin good scotty, at least you have some help. Dawn would expect me to do it by myself...lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back