Our outlaw truck build (lightning)

fastestbrickonearth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought u guys might enjoy following a cool build on what's left of a truck. It is a ford lightning that has gone 9.39 in the 1/4 as a street truck blower only. Now we're making it into a 6sec outlaw truck. Here are some pics of the start of the project.

And I'm willing to bet that your 9.39 was achieved with much less than 1000hp. Nice truck.

Thanks everyone. I will keep this thread updated as we move forward with the build.

We were thinking it was right around 1000. Was a blast on the street.

Where was the 9.39 on the NLOC "times" list--ranking wise?

It didn't make the top 15 of all time list. But the 9.39 is the record all the gen 2 blower only street trucks are after

Nice....I had an 02 Harley Davidson F-150 making over 600rwhp, so I know what those motors are capable of making.

Damn. Wasn't expecting all that. Very nice. Quick question for a guy who doesn't know anything about chassis work...how in the hell do you determine what bars go where, weld points, and pressure points? Is it a regulated thing or is it put on a machine to identify weaknesses?

those are two different questions, chris...

there's a cage, that's certified based on "standard" crash impacts (think of it like crumple zones based on speed)... i.e. a 8.99 or slower cage vs. a 7.50 cage, etc...

then the chassis that's designed to hold the body - think of it like how art morrison builds a chassis for a chevelle... there's enough of them going around that you can build a "basic" structure and you weld in or fabricate mounting points for whatever body you would like...

i'm dumbing it way down as there's YEARS of trial and error and geometry and CAD programming to make all this "look easy" to the average person, but that's how i understand it...

i'm sure others who know more can chime in depending on what your specific questions are... but you aren't going to learn chassis building overnight...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back