Our trucks and ice don't play well!!

jbilledeaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've only owned the truck since June, yesterday and today were the first days I've had the "pleasure" driving on ICE!! I didn't loose it, but I came close to many times for comfort.
Anyone have any tips for controlling these trucks on ice? It might be a stupid question, but for now it's my daily driver and I know there are still a few more cold months here:dontknow:

Just to avoid any remarks I was only driving 40 on the Interstate getting passed up by everyone and their momma.

put chains on the back tires or swap the engine with a 4 banger...lol i put mine away for the inter im in wisconsin and its almost impossible to drive plus the salt so i just put it away but if u have to drive it i put atleast 600-700lbs of sand thats what i do for my work truck and it really helps out alot hope this helps ya

Unplug the spark plug wires for five cylinders. Or do what I did, but a $1k beater with a heater to drive in the winter.

-Muzzy

Buy a shit wagon w/heat and 4 good skins, shitty weather and salt totally ruin vehicles, believe me...here in PA, they put a mix of some serious vehicle rott on the roads that can eat iron:D Seiously dude, put that awesome truck in the garage until spring! Their are no good tips for driving a 2 wheel drive 500hp truck on ice covered roads:marchmellow:

I drove the Truck last year ...... Big mistake, every time it snowed I had to get a ride. When the stock Zero's are cold they are like ice!

So I Parked it, and Wrapped it up this year, and picked up a nice older buick for 1500 bucks. Runs great, great heater, no rust, if your a little patient you can find em they are out there.
1993_lesabre_ft.jpg

I know you want to drive it so did I last year. only alternative there is what Viperhauler was sayin ..... tires & rims ...

Good luck .......... Jim

I am in Mid MO and I will say also that driving these trucks in the winter sucks lol. The truck is my daily driver so it gets drove no matter what and the past couple days have been a little rough!

i try to stay one gear higher to help keep wheel spin down. coast through ice.:slug: :slug: :slug:

that was fun this mornin,eh????:eviltongue: :eviltongue: :eviltongue: SNOT:rock: :rock: :rock:

Mine stays parked from November to March. It doesn't come out until all the salt is gone.

Bill.

Launching an RC on a drag strip requires some real skill...... Look at some of our 60ft times.

Driving any hot rod (let alone a fkn truck) on ice is like trying to imprison the wind.....

Even my Z is very dicey in the rain.... ICE...? forget it.....

Get a beater and put some chains or stud tires on it......

If you have money get an AWD vehicle like a Subaru Forrester....

D

I had a little frost on my windshield this mourning, And my hands were cold.:D :p

nycstev said:
I couldn't even get traction on dry ground when temps below 40!
10-4 on that, kinda fun skating around on the cold asphalt though....good practice in the counter steering department:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back