Out for a Ride on the Wing

Race1Mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saturday was a nice day to get out and drive, ride or just be outside. I hope everyone got a chance to get out and have a little fun!
:rock:

Joe

This is part of my ride up 1431 towards Marble Falls
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNoG7Xkz1w]GoldWing GL1800 Ride through 1431-March 2012-2.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Thank you Jeff!
Been riding since 5 and there's still something about that first Spring ride.

Joe

I rode a suzuki gsx1300r that I bored and stroked to 1441 cc. Was my first bike, I learned on it. Every warm sunny day I see riders joy riding and miss the help out of it. Then I see the traffic here in dc and am glad I'm in a 5300 lb truck instead.

I think what I miss the most is the smells. Sounds weird but when you drive across that bridge over the stream you smell the water, ride past that patch of wildflowers , or section of evergreen pines or fresh cut grass. By the beach and smell the salt That car in front that is running too rich with cats needing replaced, or that roadkill you spot ahead and hold your breath. The way the hot summer sun heats the asphalt.

The smells and the air!!! That's the two biggest things I miss when in a car or truck. But you're right, it's like connecting with everything outside. Being on the bike lets you connect with so many things that are invisible in a car. I will ride Spring, Fall and Winter but i limit Summer riding... You said asphalt and i cringed, lol. I will, but try not to ride much above 98degrees, and in Texas that can leave a lot of non riding days! That's why i say "try" because If it goes too long i just throw on the mesh and suck it up. Not say bad moving, but get stuck in traffic and that asphalt becomes an oven.

I rode a 750 GSXR back in the late 80's. That bike has been around a long time but I bet you really loved that 1300, especially bored and stroked. Funny enough the Wing has a lot of Tupperware but underneath it's a pretty sporty geometry and a huge engine, 1832cc. At 119hp and 123lbs of torque she's capable of getting out of the way of her shadow too, lol. I once pulled a wheelie through first on a bet... $50 sais she couldn't do it. I actually walked second a bit and sat it down. It was ok, but there you knew you had more than a sport bike in the air.

Yea I can see that for DC. I got rid of mine after a while in Houston. Just didn't have the good places to ride. Then I moved to the hill country and knew i needed to start riding again.

Joe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back