Out of Curiousity...

Lottotruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, what kind of real world fuel economy do these 2005-2006 SRT10 Quad cabs really get? I'm not that worried about it, but, wanting to know what I'm getting into for fuel consumption. Having just sold my F-350 Powerstroke, I've been used to 16-17 MPG. But, I'm sure most of ya'll have seen the price of diesel fuel! :hmmmm: I'm sure you must run premium in the SRT10. I'm guessing 12 MPG around town, assuming you are not re-stripping the asphalt at each light!:burnout:

I will most likely share my commute (a whopping 8 miles each way) with one of my 5.0's. But, it looks like I'm going to be teaming up (at least part-time for now) with my wife as a Southwest Florida Realtor. I don't think either of my 5.0's will get the respect from any of my (or her) clients. Whereas, obviously, the Ram SRT10, I think, will tackle the job with no problem. :top: That's where the real gas mileage concern will be...driving around showing houses.

I get around 10.5 in town, if I am lucky. But, I admittedly drive hard.

Before the turbo I was around 12 and 14 on the highway. After the turbo I was around 10-11.

I saw the EPA ratings on the truck...9 MPG city!:stoned: I was wondering how much rubber those guys burned at each stoplight to come up with that number!:dontknow: :burnout:

Lottotruck said:
I saw the EPA ratings on the truck...9 MPG city!:stoned: I was wondering how much rubber those guys burned at each stoplight to come up with that number!:dontknow: :burnout:

Not that much, probably...

My results are similar to most others it seems. My '06 quad cab gets 9.5 or 10 around town and about 12-14 on the highway. My last truck was an '03 Dodge quad cab with the 5.7 hemi and it got about 11 in around town driving (although it did significantly better than the SRT on the highway), so it wasn't that big of a hit for me when I got the SRT.

10.5 or so city
13.2 or so highway

9.3 most of the time

Although I consider mileage a specious issue:

I averaged 10.5 ...including hwy miles, burnouts and other play time....

D

So, mods will help fuel economy...theoretically...:) :burnout:

I know they help alot both with performance and fuel economy on my old powerstroke. I know diesels are more receptive to computer tweeks, etc.

Was getting 10.6 10.7 average around town---after purchasing the SCT I lost mileage and am now averaging 9.5 to 9.7 and that is without putting my foot in it .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back