Overdriving a Paxton Novi

blown04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of DC's overdrive pulleys for the blower but am having some slippage issues.

What have you all found to help with slippage? Is there a cogged belt setup or maybe a overdrive crank pulley instead of the blower one?

thanks...figured someone had to have them. Just not sure i want to overdrive the accessories too.

Spoke with a big name viper tuner today - seems he is coming up with an 8 rib dedicated belt system for our trucks that would allow you to utilize many different pulley options...

blown04 said:
thanks...figured someone had to have them. Just not sure i want to overdrive the accessories too.

Spoke with a big name viper tuner today - seems he is coming up with an 8 rib dedicated belt system for our trucks that would allow you to utilize many different pulley options...

I bet his initials are DLM ;). I'm waiting till he's done his R&D and I will be getting one of the first units.

Last edited:
Man this belt slippage is killing me...i have so much slippage I would have been better off with a set of heads and a tune.

I'll wait for the DLM kit.....but there has GOT to be a better solution for the miserable Paxton engineering of this kit. It slipped like a bitch with the stock setup?

What have you all found out?

Theres a bracket made where you can tension the belt and it reduces belt slippage ALOT!!! I have one

basically you fab up a manual adjusting braket, but even spinning the paxton too much doesnt gain too much hp in the end,

yea but right now my boost curve looks like a heartbeat...there is no point in going to a 2500 unless I get this worked out first...

Have u checked for a weak tensioner. I have only a stock set up, but I have no slippage.

I've added a additional idler pulley under my ROE , I use the Gatorback belt and still having belt slippage issues too!

Does anyone make a manual tensioner for our trucks? Or anyone making one??

Actually I checked and replaced the tensioner first. Still same issue.

What size Gatorback 110 and 3/4"???

Will have to look at fabbing an additional tensioner.

Paxton customer service is a joke - "they have never heard of any slippage issues"

Paxton never designed this kit to go beyond the stock 7-8 psi. That being said they will never give you a straight up answer, or just think your crazy if you tell them about belt slipage. I heard of guys running 10 lbs pulley without belt slip to minimal slip, so I'm asuming that you are running a smaller pulley. If so, what size? You might try to have someone make you a bigger tensioner pulley to compensate for the smaller headunit pulley.

As far as DLM is concerned I visited him earlier this week, and is still doing some fine tuning to his set up. He told me as soon as he has one ready he will give me a call to try it out on my truck.

yea DLM wanted me to bring my truck down for testing too but I have it at Injected Engineering in Atlanta.

I've tried both the stock pulley and the DC performance pulley and both slip. I have some other tricks up my sleeve that might help. Will get the gatorback belt on order.

Cold weather isn't helping either....

Can anyone confirm 110 and 3/4"?

yea DLM wanted me to bring my truck down for testing too but I have it at Injected Engineering in Atlanta.

I've tried both the stock pulley and the DC performance pulley and both slip. I have some other tricks up my sleeve that might help. Will get the gatorback belt on order.

Cold weather isn't helping either....

Can anyone confirm 110 and 3/4"?

That is very weird that you have belt slip on the stock pulley. Personallhy, I've never have had that issue with my truck. Do a search I posted something a while back on the part no. and size of the belt.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back