Overhead console accessory power problem

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've been running power to my valentine 1 radar detector from the accessory outlets in the overhead console for 10yrs. These outlets look like a phone jack or LAN cable connection. Sent the V1 in for repairs and once I got it back, remounted it and connected it back to the power cord but up won't power up. I plugged in the coiled cord that the V1 came with into these accessory ports and no power either. I doubt this cord is bad since I've never used it ever; I've always used the short power cord that came with the unit originally and never had a problem. I plan on calling Valentine tomorrow to see what they actually fixed but I doubt they would send me my unit back not working.
What can I use to test these accessory outlets to check that there is power going to them?
I'm also looking to see if anyone has a V1 cigarette adapter they aren't using to power the unit in the mean time. Thanks in advance.

Multimeter. You can pick one up at any auto parts store, although I’d recommend a Craftsman one for the features and quality.

We package and sell test kits with multi-meters in them and I despise the Craftsman units. Out of the thousands sold, I’ve had problems with literally hundreds of them. I’ve used them in the field too with less than satisfactory results. TPI 133 is the last reasonably priced, yet still reliable, multimeter on the market.

We package and sell test kits with multi-meters in them and I despise the Craftsman units. Out of the thousands sold, I’ve had problems with literally hundreds of them. I’ve used them in the field too with less than satisfactory results. TPI 133 is the last reasonably priced, yet still reliable, multimeter on the market.

Tell the customers to not hold them with their butt cheeks. I mis-used mine the first few times as well.

Tell the customers to not hold them with their butt cheeks. I mis-used mine the first few times as well.

Caveman is just upset because he used his junk for the positive lead and got 120volts ran threw and now he's been reduced to a 4inch lead that his gf cant use.. .lol

My customers and I don't discuss their butt cheeks. I'd jokingly ask to see video of you "miss-using" yours, but I'm worried I just might get it. :dong:

Caveman is just upset because he used his junk for the positive lead and got 120volts ran threw and now he's been reduced to a 4inch lead that his gf cant use.. .lol
I did no such thing. And that's not 4", it's 8"... and don't you dare tell my girlfriend (wife) otherwise!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back