Owned my 04 RC for a few months, finally starting mods

AK-SRT10

Reaction score
So I bought the truck in July with a little under 1,100 miles on it, wanted to wait till i hit 5k before i started engine work. I have already done the K&N intake and I have also ordered it's billet throttle body. Im interested in the biggest bang for my buck power wise.

Welcome to the VTCoA! Your biggest bang for the buck is hands down nitrous, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for.

Remove your cats for cheap instant seat of the pants difference.

Welcome! Once you start modding it is hard to stop!

So I bought the truck in July with a little under 1,100 miles on it, wanted to wait till i hit 5k before i started engine work. I have already done the K&N intake and I have also ordered it's billet throttle body. Im interested in the biggest bang for my buck power wise.

Add to your K&N and TB :

Long tube headers, catless mids and a cat back along with a good tune and a 170' thermostat goes with the tune in most cases.

This will form the bases for the next level of performance mods.

--CC

Welcome from Colorado. My favorite mods on my truck were the headers and a JTSVP Gen II shifter.

Welcome from Kansas!
I would also recommend a JTSVP Gen II shifter

Very sorry to hear that they are now out of stock...hopefully they will make some more soon. I had to wait almost a year last time they were out of stock. I think Tony only makes about 50 at a time and then moves onto other items listed on his website.

I would email Tony from the Contact Us page and ask when he predicts having some more available.

Advice: when they are in stock buy quickly

Poor guy. Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona. I would go with the SCT tune. Mine is from Torrie in Fl.

So the exhaust is done and so is the throttle body. I have a lowering kit sitting in my room. Any tips about installing a ground force kit??

So the exhaust is done and so is the throttle body. I have a lowering kit sitting in my room. Any tips about installing a ground force kit??

Sell it, buy a JTSVP kit. That's the way I would do it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back