P0300 Code plz help.

USAF-SRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well is a Knock sensor k2 circuit. Cant find anything about what this actually is.... Plz help me before I get the chance to take it to the viper tech. Truck doesnt seem to be running odd. The light came on after driving home through a Hurricane it seemed like.

Fairly common code.

Here are the common causes:

* Faulty spark plugs or wires
* Faulty coil (pack)
* Faulty oxygen sensor(s)
* Faulty fuel injector(s)
* Burned exhaust valve
* Faulty catalytic converter(s)
* Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages
* Faulty camshaft position sensor
* Defective computer

Recommend that you clear the code and see if it comes back...it might have been an isolated problem. If it comes back with a 301, 2, 3...the last number refers to the cylinder that is mis-firing.

Since you say the truck is running as usual, try clearing the code (disconnect the negative terminal for a few minutes then reconnect). Drive for a few hundred miles and see if the code comes back...look at the specific cylinder indicated...if the code comes back as 0300 that is the least helpful code...because it could relate to hole #10 or not be specific as to a specific cylinder...

Hope that helps.

Thats the code I have,its multiple missfires and my issue is the steel ends in the plug wires don't seem to be crimped tight enough ant the end pulled off on one so far,I have all new plugs.
Is your truck popping at all when accellerating?

I got this code as well, then I got p0309, p0138, p0132. I assume that the 138 and the 138 are the 02 sensors. But the #9 misfire scares me a little! I have 72k on the truck. Factory plugs and wires. The truck acted like it wanted to die when I put it in reverse. I'm in Colorado at the moment working, the truck is back home. My wife drive it to work the other day, as she was leaving it died when she put it in reverse. But it started right up and drove fine. She driving it to see me this weekend 700 miles! Today I walked her through the scanning process with the sct. she got the codes above. i told her to clear them, and take it for a test drive. She drove it with no problems. Dou guys think it would be safe for her to drive it 700 miles?

Not yet, it went in the dealership today, I should know more tomorrow. I just didn't want them to google the name on my dash plaque, and see all my mods and stiff like that. Which it is now a stock truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back