P0320 Truck wont start.

SD2005Dustin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
P0320 - Truck wont start

Guys, I've got a 0320. Truck wont start. Disconnected the battery for 3 days, still no luck. It turns over but wont fire. I get the feeling I dont have spark?

Pull all three connectors from the PCM for 10-15... If you have a SCT, reflash the tune, clear the code. If that doesnt fix it, you may have a loose connector on the sensor, its defective. There also is a TSB if this becomes reoccuring the dealer will have to reflash your pcm. TSB #18-004-05 http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2005/18-004-05.htm

Last edited:
I agree likely the crank position sensor on the passenger side of the block (under truck) -05-06 or on the bellhousing area on 04's.
I have also seen the camshaft position sensor trigger the crank sensor code before and the cam sensor needed replacing.:dontknow:

I disconnected the PCM and tried to restart, but it didn't work.

I cleared the codes with the SCT, set it back to stock program, still no luck.

Which sensor am I looking at. I see two right above the oil filter/lines just below the alternator

Last edited:
I disconnected the PCM and tried to restart, but it didn't work.

I cleared the codes with the SCT, set it back to stock program, still no luck.

:marchmellow::marchmellow:Which sensor am I looking at. I see two right above the oil filter/lines just below the alternator:marchmellow::marchmellow:

those are your oil pressure & oil temp. sensors

your crank sensor should bout mid block on the same side

Last edited:
You get under the truck and look up at the passenger side of the block. It's a 2 wire sensor I believe and it is held on with one bolt if I remember correctly. Cam sensor is directly below throttle body. Both are simple magnets and can lose their strength and not trigger the PCM correctly. Does also control injector pulsing.:)

Replaced it this AM. Truck is runnin again. Thanks for all the help

Glad to be of service bro. Not an expensive fix at all now was it? Thanks for coming back and telling us your results as well. Many never come back to say they got her running again.:burnout::D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back