P0442 with pictures

SR71

Reaction score
Does this look right? Is there supposed to be a hose on the bottom of the canister

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.4 KB · Views: 135
Does this look right? Is there supposed to be a hose on the bottom of the canister

Yes it's correct bud. I'd check your hoses in top of tank, in engine compartment, etc. Usually a smoke machine is used to aid in finding the culprit.

Yes it's correct bud. I'd check your hoses in top of tank, in engine compartment, etc. Usually a smoke machine is used to aid in finding the culprit.

That code comes up every time my fuel gauge goes below 1/2 (unless I am on the highway) and I erase code and drive on. Can tell you for sure, that code affects the idle and has an effect on mileage, at lease on mine. Reset an go on, just not worth the time and $'s taking to the stealership.

I keep getting this code along with p0455.

Same thing as I understand it from Scott. Leak in some hose from the gas tank. :dontknow: I get both codes and just reset. You guys that smoke may be able to blow enough into the tank so as to detect the leak. :dontknow: I quit smoking 15 years ago so must take it to the stealership and that just ain't gonna happen. Mine has been throwing the codes for the last 50,000 miles with no problem after resetting.

Same thing as I understand it from Scott. Leak in some hose from the gas tank. :dontknow: I get both codes and just reset. You guys that smoke may be able to blow enough into the tank so as to detect the leak. :dontknow: I quit smoking 15 years ago so must take it to the stealership and that just ain't gonna happen. Mine has been throwing the codes for the last 50,000 miles with no problem after resetting.

Your became issue immediately after the dealer removed your tank due having water in it. Guarantee there's something awry in those hoses.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back