P1499

BadCompany9119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
p1499 - hydraulic fan selonoid circuit

Sitting at school went out to lunch and have this code, not really sure what it is. Or how to go about fixing it, mainly wondering if it is ok to drive 40 mins back home with it like this. Thanks for any help I'll be checking this on breaks during class.

Code P1499​

When Monitored:

Ignition on and engine running.​

Set Condition:

An open or shorted condition in the Hydraulic Fan Solenoid control circuit is detected by the Powertrain Control
Module.​
Possible Causes​
RADIATOR FAN INOP
(K342) FUSED ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT
(C240) COOLING FAN CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(C240) COOLING FAN CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
HYDRAULIC FAN​
PCM

If your truck doesn't overheat, it won't hurt to drive it. But, likely your fan isn't working.

Yea I was driving around for a little it's still sitting right at 170* so should be ok getting home tonight. Have to look more into when I get home tonight, thanks for the help.

Well it made it home put it in park and it started making a really odd noise, sounds to me like the fan is unbalanced and is vibrating in there. It looked like maybe it was just the power steering lines hitting it at first but i moved it around and it still makes the noise. And when i put the brake all the way down you can feel the pedal vibrating, so I'm lost on what it is.
Then to add to it my driver side ball join which I new needed to be replaced I think completely gave out. Went to move the truck back into a parking space and it just pulled to the left and trying to turn left i had to turn the wheel almost 2 full rotations to even make a little left hand turn.

Sadly I'm 6 hours from home and don't know anywhere to take it down here besides the local dodge dealer to get it fixed, so going to have to get it towed there in the morning, and hope they let me get a loaner car for a few days.
Unless anyone knows any good repair shops near Greensburg, pa.:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back