Pace Edwards BL2022 Bedlocker Canister, Ram 1500, Short Bed 02

zeleny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com says that [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pace-Edwards-BL2022-Bedlocker-Canister/dp/B000BTK80C/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Dodge|40&Model=Ram%201500|2760&Year=2004|2004&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=automotive"]this unit[/ame] fits my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10. Is that correct? Do I also need to buy rails separately? What kind of bed liner can I use with this setup?

Avoid the rails, caps, and plastic drop in bed liners. Get a bed rug, or rhino/Linex spray in liner, and put a hard top bed cover on it. Best way to preserve and protect your truck without the items your buying to preserve and protect your truck from damaging it worse. The price for that liner is a little much, however its nice to be able to roll it up when you dont need it. I think there are some cheaper ones out there that are good quality as well. Factory hard tops are around.

Thanks for the advice. I need to secure valuable cargo while enabling quick access. Would a factory hard top do that?

I agree, that sounds like a big price. I bought a Pace Edwards Jack Rabbit for mine, which is similar to that model, except the one you are looking at is electric, mine is manual. I am really pleased with mine. I bought it on Ebay for a few hundred bucks.(It was a steal) I did have to notch the rails around the wing but it was a simple task that any installer could do. I like it because it is level with the top of the bed.It also does not get in the way when you raise it up. It is sturdy and has a good lock. I cant speak for that one but most of Pace Edwards covers offer the rails separately. I havent had a chance but I will post some pics of it soon! Hope this info helps.

factory hard top would have to be painted to match your truck's color or you could get lucky and find one that is your color. My 10 came with a retractable hard cover from Roll 'N Lock and can be locked with a key (although hard to do so with the factory wing, but it's possible). What's nice with the retractable cover is that when I need the entire bed to be open, I just open it and let it retract and I have full use of the bed, which is nice for hauling cargo that extends up beyond the height of the bed.

Also, that price is way high. I think for about 200 bucks less you could get a fully electronic, remote controlled, retractable hard top cover.

My truck is black and so is the Pace Edwards retractable cover. I am not absolutely sure but I think that that is the only color that they offer them. Like NSDQ said, you can always have a hard cover painted to match. When I was looking I found a numbuer of really nice hard(fiberglass) covers. I was leaning towards an original Mopar cover. They are approx $1000 bucks, give or take, and are really nice. You just have to have your wing mounted on it. No problem.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back