Paint and rattles

MacccDaddy

Reaction score
I took my wing off today to help a friend move an entertainment center and noticed that the paint is rubbing through on the inside edge of where the wing meets the rails? Anyone notice the same thing? I've only had it about 2 months and 1k miles. :dontknow:

Also, when going less than 20mph - if I go over rough pavement there is a clunk, clunk, clunk going on. Over 20mph or so and it does not clunk. It started at about 600mi. I know my Town and Ctry has the same issue and dealer said it was sway bar bushings. I'm bringing it in soon. Any other ideas what could be causing the clunking from the front end?

Happy Sunday afternoon!!

MacccDaddy said:
I took my wing off today to help a friend move an entertainment center and noticed that the paint is rubbing through on the inside edge of where the wing meets the rails? Anyone notice the same thing? I've only had it about 2 months and 1k miles. :dontknow:

Also, when going less than 20mph - if I go over rough pavement there is a clunk, clunk, clunk going on. Over 20mph or so and it does not clunk. It started at about 600mi. I know my Town and Ctry has the same issue and dealer said it was sway bar bushings. I'm bringing it in soon. Any other ideas what could be causing the clunking from the front end?

Happy Sunday afternoon!!

That sucks, do a search , cuz I think I remember someone else had this same issue... :dontknow:

Nowwhat will tell you to throw it away anyways!!! :D

Crap-plastastic piece O' Shite, good for nuthin', paint rubbin, ricer looking wing......throw it away...

Nowwhat said:
Crap-plastastic piece O' Shite, good for nuthin', paint rubbin, ricer looking wing......throw it away...

Yep!!! what he said...:)

Walt

Have your tech check the steering shaft u-joint and intermediate shaft. I had a similar problem that went away when these parts were changed. It seems that low speed vibrations make the old parts rattle. Good luck.

Wifey said:
That sucks, do a search , cuz I think I remember someone else had this same issue... :dontknow:

Nowwhat will tell you to throw it away anyways!!! :D

That was me Wifey. The dealer painted both sides of the bed and covered it under warranty.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back