Paint code??

If I had one near me we have a tool at work called a brick and it will tell you the code. I'll see if I can find out at work tomorrow

kyle's srt10 said:
What's the code on the blue stripes on the CE's?:dontknow:
in your door jamb it should say
Ext color. PW7 for white and have second color code of 3 digits. Think it's sport Blue metallic. I'll check it out as well.

VENOMOUS1 said:
in your door jamb it should say
Ext color. PW7 for white and have second color code of 3 digits. Think it's sport Blue metallic. I'll check it out as well.

It does say PW7 and there's no other code that I can tell. The stripes on the CE's were added after the factory.

Sometimes it says ext color upper/lower just meaning a two tone paint, not neccessarily upper/lower. Comparing to my swatches and being a Dodge Body Shop Manager/ painter I am saying since it's a commemorative edition they would use actual SBE or "Viper GTS Blue". If not it's more than likely AB5 or "Electric Blue"! This color was on 04+ dodge trucks. A DuPont or PPG paint store can use their camera to tell you fir sure. If it doesn't say one of the 2 I mentioned it could be our of calibration. They are good sometimes.

Hopefully someone with the opposite scheme can chime in as they would have the blue code as their main one. In other words the blue with white stripe editions.

Last edited:
The paint code is SBE or PBE. This is a new for 96 color & should not be confused with the late PBE butane blue used in later cars.
Al

aac426 said:
The paint code is SBE or PBE. This is a new for 96 color & should not be confused with the late PBE butane blue used in later cars.
Al

My painter found a chip that matched pretty good but I don't think it was either of these two codes:dontknow: I belive under the chip in the book it said electric blue:dontknow: The book was for 06 year models.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back