Paint Opinions Please

OnceBitten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to send one of the Turbo Buicks to the Painter this winter for a color change. Although all Grand Nationals were black I always thought a WHITE one would be cool! I really like the White "T" types with the "blackout" trim and thought I would go for a complete color change. I even intend on putting all the original badging etc back on the car after paint. What do you think??

From this...........

GN18-1Side.jpg

GN18-2RearQtr.jpg

To this............

3eded33c2eb146acbb7aae3657d19844.jpg

73a3fb8a25e643c3912eec81cfb3ddd6.jpg

21da880e8fbc4d23b83a8414af6174ec.jpg

I will keep the wheels that are on the car in the "black" pics. The pics of the "white" buick are from the web but this is the look I am going for!

I was just drooling over a GN today that was parked in front of the local Advance Auto....been seeing it a lot lately...looks like new.........I came a hair of buying one new back in 87....kick, kick, kick......:eek:

The white...hmmmmm...looks good..just dont know..black looks so badazz....:dontknow:

here's my thing... GN is a GN, and a t-type is a t-type...

i would rather NOT have a white GN...cuz i wouldn't want people to say nice t-type...

kinda like throwin SS badges on a camaro with the wheels, ram air hood, and rear wing...when it's a z28...they're almost the same thing...but not...

i would say something totally custom would set it off...but that is totally my opinion...

viperhauler said:
here's my thing... GN is a GN, and a t-type is a t-type...

i would rather NOT have a white GN...cuz i wouldn't want people to say nice t-type...

kinda like throwin SS badges on a camaro with the wheels, ram air hood, and rear wing...when it's a z28...they're almost the same thing...but not...

i would say something totally custom would set it off...but that is totally my opinion...

I have been kicking around a Two-Tone idea also:dontknow:

tough decision bud, dont know, depends on how oem you want to hang, but a sweet deep crystal black with dark burg flack would look nice sorta a black cherry

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
and so it begins.,..............LOLOL

candy orange?

Lime green! :D :p :dontknow:

If it was mine, i would keep it black. The white looks great, but like mentioned before, kinda makes it into a T-type...

i have to agree man, now you can talk to your painter an get a tru blu black, cant remember the brand or name, but there is a deeeep black, plus you can stage the black and clear and make it really really deep and look completly different from what it is now;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
i have to agree man, now you can talk to your painter an get a tru blu black, cant remember the brand or name, but there is a deeeep black, plus you can stage the black and clear and make it really really deep and look completly different from what it is now;)

Realize we have a few of these cars (all black) and I just want to have some "fun" and mix it up a little!:D

OnceBitten said:
Something like this in a Black/white maybe??

0111gmhtp_gwhiz17_zoom.jpg

0111gmhtp_gwhiz11_zoom.jpg

0111gmhtp_gwhiz22_zoom.jpg

I like the above and this coming from another long time t-type, GN, GNX afficianado. Otherwise leave it the ominous black it is. There was a Factory Charcoal Grey color offered that looked awesome. Local guys was dubbed the "Grey Ghost" and the name fit well!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back