Parked Up

Kiwi SRT10

Full Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Auckland some 3 hr drive. I had been getting a p0207 code but was not a concern as it was intermittent and drove ok. That has changed. We are now on 9 cylinders and trailing fuel smoke. :(This morning I pulled #7 spark plug yeah it was black. Fuel out end of exhaust, oh dear. Anyway swapped the plug into #1 hole started up and was perfect back on 10. Went for a blast down the road and once warmed up we were back on 9 trailing smoke, fuel smoke. So I have washed her up and parked away until the big tune happens. I wasn't planning that so soon as I did over extend myself to get her in the first place. I will be reading up and learning what and who etc to get what I need done. I also had oil sitting in 2 spark plug holes, hopefully only a rocker cover gasket.:(
I only want 600hp at flywheel I am happy with that. I just want to make it more efficient and reliable.
I am not a drag racer just like to give her a blast every now and again. Won't be towing either. Our climate here is very boring coldest we get in winter morning is 5C and hottest in summer 30C and that is not often.Usually around 20C. Heat is not an issue. Oh yeah we are at sea level in fact it is just across the road. Truck has now done 68k miles
My thoughts are maybe Coils?
Leads?
Injectors??
Injector wires?
Will be getting new plugs.
SCT tool & Torrie Tune?
I also need to fix my whistling throttle shaft when hot, do they have seals?
What else should I do?
Thanks in advance
Kent

Last edited:
Code P0207 is a injector circuit malfunction #7....

video below could help ...

This vid may help diagnose

I swapped #7 with #5 no change[/QUOTE

appears you swapped the plug with another and it worked till the #7 plug fouled again ...

did you swap the injector #7 with #5 in your last post ? If that’s the case you should run a code check and see if the swap to #5 changed the code to P0205 which would now foul out the number 5 plug and cylinder..

What sort of life span do these injectors have??
Do they wear?
Leak?
I am used to carbs

I think I have found the problem. The loom comes out of the valley at rear of engine and runs on top of #10 header to the ECU. It is wrapped and has some kind of insulation stuff but it looks cooked. I have tried to move it but it needs to be extended and rerouted. However after meddling with it the fault has gone and back on 10 and been for a real hard skid and it is all good. So the fault will be in the suspected burnt part of the loom. Yehaa!! Now I can get a sparkie to make a loom extension and that will be solved forever. Must be and flaw in the Right Hand Drive conversion.

Excellent news that you found the issue! Once you get it squared away, you'll be able to drive with a grin once again.

Must be and flaw in the Right Hand Drive conversion.

This can happen on all, many left hand drives have had this happen to. I have an 06 and check the back of the engine to make sure the wiring loom has not fallen and touching the header./

Great that you caught this soon before more got toasty!

I lol'd at a "sparkie"..what is that an electrician?

This can happen on all, many left hand drives have had this happen to. I have an 06 and check the back of the engine to make sure the wiring loom has not fallen and touching the header./

Great that you caught this soon before more got toasty!

I lol'd at a "sparkie"..what is that an electrician?
Yep, an electrician. We called them that in the Navy.

Auto Electrician = Auto Sparkie. Yeah we have some different phrases and coloq... culok...culo.... sayings.
I have a feeling the loom should go over the top of the steering shaft, mine goes underneath , maybe that is what makes it too short?

Back