Parking brake light comes on

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last couple of times I've drove my truck the pkb light has came on while driving and turned its self off in about 5 mins. any Idea on what this is???

Once and a while I have that problem but usually I just pull the release handle again and it'll go out. You might have a lose connection or doing the same thing I do and not release it all the way.

not with mine cause i can set and release it 2 or 3 times and it still stays on

same here....does your "ABS" ligth come on as well? Both of my lights come on, no rhyme or reason and then go away. I checked the parking brake, def not engaged!

ohiost8te said:
same here....does your "ABS" ligth come on as well? Both of my lights come on, no rhyme or reason and then go away. I checked the parking brake, def not engaged!
Yep, mine does.

try pulling up on parking brake peddle as you pull release. as brake wears and cable stretches, it may need cable adjusted

my truck has also done that a few times when racing or spinning the tires is the rain.

you should take it to the dealer if its under warranty and have them run a fault scan. should have logged a code for implausible brake switch signal or wheel speed signal.

I used to have the same promblem in my 96 ram and it was a faulty speed sensor in the diff

yeah it only does it when i get on it. As far as warranty there is none. Makes me feel better that im not the only one with the prob. Thanks guys

Yeah I guess your right.................I already have a neeked pic of joanne over my check engine light

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back