Parts from 2005 QC For Sell post-Roe Installation

oldguysrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fatjack expressed an interest in and has first option on my JMB CAI for $170 plus shipping. If I don't have a commitment from him in a few days I'll let folks know. I bought it April 2007. It's red with the red catch can. I have 2 K&N filters for it.....one I used for routine driving, and one is relatively new I used to/from and at the track and dyno. My truck is silver so I put the JMB Powdercoating & Performance silver emblems down the top of the red intake tube. They can be peeled off easily if preferred. I paid $380 plus shipping. The stuff's in great shape but I know used performance parts don't bring much on resale.

I also have a DC Stage II PCM I bought December 2006 for $900. I had my truck dyno'd with the JMB CAI, Belanger Long-Tube Headers, Belanger Hi-Flow Cats, and Magnaflow cat-back, then sent the PCM back and paid another $200 to have the tune optimized versus the dyno a/f graphs plus changed to the 93 octane tune from the 91 initially purchased. The tune is still conservative but I thought I should give a heads-up in case someone has similar upgrades and would benefit, or doesn't have similar upgrades and might need to know. I've not had any of the valve clatter since getting the 93 tune that I understand some folks had. The PCM would have to have the VIN changed. Selling price is $275 plus shipping.

I'm putting my intake and stock injectors on ebay.

I don't have a digital camera so pictures aren't an option. Probably like most of the rest of the folks on the forum I'm meticulous as hell with my vehicles. My truck gets washed weekly. After washing I start the drying process under the hood. Consequently the CAI and intake got wiped down at least weekly, typically first with a dry towel, then usually with windex or something else similar.......too pretty of an engine compartment to not keep it looking great.

I'd prefer to sell versus store because someone else may be able to use the stuff above.

oldguy

FATJACK said:
Mike, tell us what you think of the Roe, now that you have had it on there a few days.

It was a reasonably easy installation (good instructions and package content from Roe) but time consuming in that I don't have a lift or air tools. I'd planned to stay normally aspirated and have PBJ do heads and cam next February. My rationale was that installing those new parts increased durability, didn't compromise the lower end, and supposedly had improvement comparable to or exceeding what I'd get from a Roe (depending on who I talked with). Buying the Roe was an impulse purchase. It results in my wasting money I have tied up in the DC Stage II, and losing money on my JMB CAI. I'm not sure I made a good decison but it's done and I'll live with it. Had I planned on going forced induction all along and executed my plan that way I'd probably feel better now.

Negatives on the Roe are really just limited to increased noise (so far). Because of filter location including proximity to the TB, and the new location of the TB now closer to the cab I have a whistle at idle that's taking some getting used to. I'll also have to adjust to the s/c whine through time. These are minor negatives. Some folks love the s.c whine. I probably will, just not yet.

A positive surprise that's unbelievable but can be proven to anyone that takes a ride with me is the increase in gas mileage. At 60mph cruising on the freeway, if I reset the trip computer it'll consistently read 20.3-20.4 mpg. I filled my tank Sunday, made a couple of trips to town, and drove to/from work yesterday and today (primarily highway but some in-town) and am averaging 18.3 mpg on this tank. That's a huge improvement. Considering my pre-Roe gas mileage, miles driven, and cost of gas, I'll recover the cost of the Roe in 21 months, assuming no negative surprises.

As for performance, I didn't really know what to expect. In first gear it'll totally lose traction any time I put my foot in it. Under hard acceleration through first, if my tires are spinning any at all on the 1-2 shift it'll totally lose traction in second. If my truck isn't pointed straight on the 1-2 shift and I'm accelarating half throttle or more it'll break lose and start fishtailing. The 1-2 shift is slightly lower and the 2-3 shift is considerably lower with this tune than it was with the DC Stage II but considering the torque curve previously versus the current with the Roe I don't know that I lost anything. I've done some progressive full throttle short burst runs but have only run it full throttle though 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, then up to about 130 twice. Best I can describe the way it feels since installing the Roe is "lighter". My best normally aspirated time at the track was 12.820 at 108.75mph on street tires/Pirellis. I'm confident it runs faster now but won't know for a while how much faster.

A concern is long-term durability. I can't afford the cost or downtime from a catastrophic failure, consequently I'm driving it conservatively. When I'd discussed the heads/cam upgrade with my transmission guy he said my torque converter would fail soon afterwards if I didn't upgrade. All things considered I trust him. No doubt I have the same or greater risk with the Roe. That's also a contributor to not pushing it hard often. I can't consider or at least would prefer to not consider a torque converter upgrade until September. He recommended the same brand my dealership did so I'll probably go that route. From what I understand the stock converter has a single clucth disc but the upgrade has six. I'd have been doing the torque converter had I stayed normally aspirated so it's not Roe specific, but I mention it because it will be required. Assuming my engine holds up for 2 years I plan to get it built with forged components and eliminate some worries. I plan to keep thsi truck as long as I can get gas and parts, or until I die.

My experience with folks from Roe has so far been consistent with that of others on the forum, great. I expect it'll stay great. They seem to provide no nonsense excellent service consistently.

I hope this addresses the request for info. to date.

oldguy

BlackKnight said:
Can you put up a link to your items on ebay? I would be interested in your stock intake

I've not yet put it on ebay but if/when I do I'll post the link. There's a VTCOA member within driving distance of me expressing an interest. I won't get as much for it as perhaps via ebay but I hate packaging and shipping stuff. Will let you know.

oldguy

FASTFOOD said:
Want to swap and sell the headers?

I don't understand the driver behind the question pertinent to what I have to sell. Provide some more info. and I'll answer best I can.

Thanks,
oldguy

Intake and injectors are sold. As quickly as things are moving, hopefully folks buying are feeling treated fairly with the prices.

Thanks,
oldguy

PM Sent on the intake manifold.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back