Passenger side low beam out

drumline99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the retro hid's installed for about 6 months. A few weeks ago I noticed the passenger side lamp was not turning on. When I shut off the lamps and turned them back on, it would come on. As time went by, it took more on/off tries to get it to turn on. Now it doesn't turn on at all. I switched bulbs and that passenger side is not working. I put my stock bulbs back in and the low beam still doesn't work, but the high beam does. I removed the negative side of the battery for 10 minutes and tried again. No low beam, only high on the passenger side. Driver side is fine. Before I take it in to the dealership, any other suggestions to fix the issue?

I have seen several TIPMs fail on 06 models. If you have something that has the ability to read body codes see if any are present.

What reads the Body Codes??

Something more than a standard code scanner. My favorite is a Snap-on Modis, but the average Joe won't have one of those.

Yep, Those look real affordable. I read somewhere that the TIPM can be reset by the dealer with the scan tool up to 5 times. Is that true?

Last edited:
Yep, Those look real affordable. I read somewhere that the TPIM can be reset by the dealer with the scan tool up to 5 times. Is that true?

It can be reset, but if the module has failed, resetting it will cure the problem for a short time until it expeirences the fault again.

It can be reset, but if the module has failed, resetting it will cure the problem for a short time until it expeirences the fault again.

the 06 and hids are a pain in the ass. that happens because they don't use the correct resistors.

the 06 and hids are a pain in the ass. that happens because they don't use the correct resistors.

So it burnt out the driver in the TIPM? At least that is my professional internet diagnosis.

And it's the TIPM... a little over a grand to get it all working again. Should have it back Thursday or Friday. I'd be fine with only one headlight. I bet all the tickets I would get in the truck's lifetime for a headlight out wouldn't come close to paying that much to fix it.

:rock::rock::rock:

is that price mostly parts???

So E, You want to rent that baby out?

Ha. Funny. But if you where local I would help you out.

And it's the TIPM... a little over a grand to get it all working again. Should have it back Thursday or Friday. I'd be fine with only one headlight. I bet all the tickets I would get in the truck's lifetime for a headlight out wouldn't come close to paying that much to fix it.

Just tap your relay harness into the parking lights so they both would come on. Its ghetto but works.

Well, Here is another possible solution to the problem....

I have not used it but it does look like it might help.

Yahoo

:dontknow:

Well, Here is another possible solution to the problem....

I have not used it but it does look like it might help.

Yahoo

:dontknow:

that is badass:rock::rock::rock:

great find/info:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back