Paxton and general questions

Oggers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive just being having a mooch around the truck (which is still very new to me owning a r32 GTR Skyline before this)

The Paxton charge cooler has lines that run off to a cooler in front of the main rad?
Is this water bing pumped round? And if it's being pumped where is the pump?

Do these trucks have an oil cooler any where?

Where will I find the sender for the oil pressure?

Is there anyway of telling how many psi the supercharger is running at, Without a gauge?

I also had a Impreza sti which had a charge cooler, but that ran from a little electric pump into a swirl pot then through the cooler.

Just trying to understand!?

Charlie

Last edited:
You went from an r32 skyline to an SRT10. .......why??????????

The r32 was an amazing piece of kit, nothing goes round a corner like a 4wd 4wheel steer skyline, but it was time for a change. There just starting to let the 32's into the US have to be 25+years old?
I was originally looking at M5's e39/e60....until I read about this truck! My dad and I already have a 1987 gmc so we like our trucks.

Charlie

Ive just being having a mooch around the truck (which is still very new to me owning a r32 GTR Skyline before this)

The Paxton charge cooler has lines that run off to a cooler in front of the main rad? yes its a heat exchanger
Is this water bing pumped round? yes the pump is on the front passenger side frame rail And if it's being pumped where is the pump?

Do these trucks have an oil cooler any where? passenger side engine bay

Where will I find the sender for the oil pressure? passenger side block below the alternator

Is there anyway of telling how many psi the supercharger is running at, Without a gauge? with sct pro but you will have to be good at math

I also had a Impreza sti which had a charge cooler, but that ran from a little electric pump into a swirl pot then through the cooler.

Just trying to understand!?

Charlie

there's plenty of pics in the bad snake build thread.

Also my Paxton set up may be for sale in the fall when it goes into the garage for some thing different

Viper Truck = Man
Tuner car = Boy

But the Man would be crying like a Boy when he gets his A$$ handed to him in any type of race:burnout:Kinda like saying a GTR is for a Boy........:rofl:

Oil cooler is under the from pass fender, oil pressure sensor in on the bottom front pass corner of the block just a over the oil pan.
For boost, you would have to measure crank pulley(stock??) and the blower pulley.

Oil cooler is under the from pass fender, oil pressure sensor in on the bottom front pass corner of the block just a over the oil pan.
For boost, you would have to measure crank pulley(stock??) and the blower pulley.

Perfect I'll investigate tomorrow.

Charlie

But the Man would be crying like a Boy when he gets his A$$ handed to him in any type of race:burnout:Kinda like saying a GTR is for a Boy........:rofl:

Would not be the first time I went home with my tail between my legs. Just more of a truck person. Love driving fast cars just not owning them.

there's plenty of pics in the bad snake build thread.

Also my Paxton set up may be for sale in the fall when it goes into the garage for some thing different

That is one hell of a build, I managed to get a sticky caliper going again and I felt like a hero after that. What you've build is just incredible!

Charlie

Would not be the first time I went home with my tail between my legs. Just more of a truck person. Love driving fast cars just not owning them.

The skyline was a tool and a absolute weapon in the corners. The SRT is just plain dangerous....and I love it!

Charlie

I had the chance to buy one of the R34s used in the second "Fast and the Furious" signed by Paul Walker a few years back for 11k but I passed it up. Kinda kicking myself now.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back