paxton cooling mods

I have this system on my Lightning. It is tied into the A/C freon system. lowers intercooler temps 50 degrees over outside air temp. So on a 110 degree day you will have 60 degree intercooler water. Pretty impressive system and your compressor turns off under WOT anyways plenty of capacity for 1/4 mile blasts. Call them and see if they have a dodge application for the freon lines. http://www.killerchiller.com/

I ordered the Killer Chiller for my truck. Waiting for it to come in.
I'll let you know how it works.

Ram for Hell got the same system for his original build. Killerchiller is one "cool" setup.........

blackviper said:
Stinker, please explain.
LOLOLOL now why would i give away my secrets;)

I am looking into the parts , let me see what I can find first, its a simple set up they have , surprised someone hasnt broken it yet, but let me do some more looking for the right ingredient;)

I thought about building one myself after installing my friends KC. Where I work we have the same heat exchanger but larger , for hydraulic Oil. I got into a group buy for $400 last year . It was worth $ not sourcing everything out for that price and it fits in the front bumper,very hidden and clean install.

Also I did not get the temp guage with it. I used the ford factory outside air temp sending unit, it has NPT threads. I plumbed it into the intercooler lines and my factory overhead console readout reads intercooler water temps instead of outside air now ,very trick and not another guage to clutter up the dash.

Last edited:
dcperformance.com, give Dan a call.

3370 So. Livonia Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90034
Tel: 310-841-6996
Fax: 310-841-6496
Toll Free: 800-841-8979

In the second picture you can see the nozzle (middle of the bin in the U-Shaped pipe) of the first spray of Water/Methanol injected before the Paxton :congrats:
The water-air system that Paxton put in the kit was a little small with very little air-flow. We just made it bigger, with a better water pump and rad.
Cooled my whole system down by 3-4/degrees.

quick_silver-albums-quick_silver-s-best-picture3789-new-inter-cooler-dcperformance-002.jpg

331047.jpg

Quick

stinker if you can make one thats better let me know. i just emailed dan to see how much it would cost. this will probably be next modification if i dont get tied up in my duster.

71dusterjon said:
stinker if you can make one thats better let me know. i just emailed dan to see how much it would cost. this will probably be next modification if i dont get tied up in my duster.

will do bud, shouldnt be too much longer, but should drp temps about 30-40 degrees;)

I use a Johnny Lightning Performance coolant box that is alumimum mounted in my bed and the lines all run through the frame to help disipate the heat but it has a core inside that is cooled with 2 electric fans one on each side, this allows me to make a pass and get back in line without having to let the truck rest. My lightning makes 1053 rwhp so keeping it cool is essential to making it last. I do place Ice in it during the day as well to really help lower the temps.

Hope that helps.

BTW I have dual cooler pumps to help the liquid flow even faster.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back