Paxton delete help

Oggers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've pulled the Paxton piggy back ecu out, I just need some help with the boost lines that's ran from the Paxton bov to the Paxton ecu and the ones from the brake master and intake to the Paxton fuel regulator under the truck

What needs to happen to all of these lines?

Is it just a case of blocking/plugging the ecu and the fule management unit pipes?
Ref Paxton
06eae3adfb3437b223be4126b2172ecc.jpg

Cheers,

Charlie

Pull all of it out. Make it look like stock. Then put a t under the throttle body and run it to the bov

Tee in on the pipe that goes from the valve cover to the super charger?

How is boost mesured with no Paxton ecu? Something to do with the 2bar map sensor?

Get rid of it and go with the sct. The vacuum line that comes off the throttle body. Just looks cleaner because its under everything.

That's what I'm up to. It's all coming out just a bit stuck on these hoses.

Ok so tee the bov valve pipe to the one that runs under the intake manifold to the valve covers? Or is there another one that's tucked up under there?

Remove the tee from the brake booster and connect that back up. Job done?

How is boost mesured with the Sct?

I must say, these are questions and clarifications you should have made BEFORE changing anything! Tinkering around with the things that you are, is a real quick way of losing a supercharged engine... as is an improperly configured 2-bar management system.

I must say, these are questions and clarifications you should have made BEFORE changing anything! Tinkering around with the things that you are, is a real quick way of losing a supercharged engine... as is an improperly configured 2-bar management system.

Very helpfull thankyou,

All I'm doing is pulling the old Paxton ecu out changing the fuel pump, injectors, map sensor and then an Sct tune from Torrie to get me going, this is just one boost line I'm not sure of!

There are always going to be things in projects that I come up, but been in the UK my only life line is this forum and email.

This place is like a zoo. Try not to entertain the animals. Disconnect all the vacuum stuff and re-enable it like stock. You will need a vacuum line to the BOV. you can decide how it goes. The paxton fuel system can be removed as well. and reconnect the fuel rails like stock. the bigger injectors will be controlled by the OEM computer and the vacuum/boost will be controlled by the OEM computer with the 2 bar map sensor. Torrie will sell you a tune that will run perfectly! You upload the tune with your SCT. Before you start it ,turn the key on with the fuel pump fuse in and let it build fuel pressure. wiggle the connections that were tampered with and make sure they are sound. Fuel leaks are BAD! If the connectors didn't click during assembly they will fly apart.
fEnjoy the piece of mind! definitely a better system.

You sir are a legend, exactly the answers I was looking for.
When your next over near Reading UK I'll take you out for a few beers!!

Charlie

Finally everything is in, sct tune is on the truck but....
I've got a p1296 code which is map sensor related? I changed it to a 2bar and its all plugged in but still have this code "injector multiple faults bank 2"

Could it be a loose wiring issue?

Any thoughts on what to check/wiggle?

I've not yet started the truck after installing everything, might it just need a run up?

Cheers,

Charlie

Make sure it is a 2 bar map. Did the wiring plug slide right on or was there a bit of a mod to make it work? I used a map for an 05 Neon SRT 4. I had to file one of the slide tabs off so it would slide on. use one from an SRT 4 and it will run beautifully.

Had to file one of tha tabs off then slid straight on. It's one Torrie sent me so would guess it would be the right map and map sensor?
Will get the multimeter on this eve see if I have any power and check the part no too.

All sorted, it was just a case of disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a hour and that code p1296 has gone.

All sorted, it was just a case of disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a hour and that code p1296 has gone.

Same thing happened to mine when I change my map sensor out. I didn't pull the negative, it went away on it's own after a few minutes.

So first run up the road today pulls like as absolute weapon but....

At about 4.5-5k power drops off and a/f goes really rich (about 8a/f apart from that it's running a good 11a/f) and w.o.t

It's only in the bigger gears it's noticeable 3rd/4th

Am I getting belt slippage?
Some thing else?

I'm also getting a very slow return to idle between gears
It's had a new idle control valve recently (if that make any difference)

Cheers,

Charlie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back