Paxton, Injectors & Pump - Displayed fuel consumption....an observation

Neil

Reaction score
Did a pretty long trip in the SRT-10 this weekend, first long trip (1900 miles) after fitting the Paxton......I was pulling a trailer (empty) and didn't have any issues.

However, the indicated fuel consumption was (by the end of the trip) 14.7mpg!

1.30am in the boonies of nowhere - it caught us out.....the DTE dropped from 65 to 0 in about 20 miles. And at 0 (as I knew it would from when I changed the fuel pump)......it ran out of gas.

Bearing in mind I'm running a custom tune, with the larger injectors, 2 bar MAF, and larger fuel pump.....I'm assuming that the calculated FC and therefore the DTE is based upon the stock parameters.

Think the MPG would actually be in the 10's.......which is kind've what I was expecting, given that it used to run mid 11's when I ran it stock.

It'd be nice if the FC & DTE could be re-calibrated.......so the whole anecdote above is just an observation really!

Truck ran well with the Paxton.......was good to do a trip rather than it being a garage ornament!

Thanks

Neil

I just finished my paxton install also but I haven't checked the fuel consumption. I have noticed that if I let mine drop to less than 1/4 tank then under hard acceleration I actually loose fuel pressure so I never let it get low. Is your gauge malfunctioning?

I just finished my paxton install also but I haven't checked the fuel consumption. I have noticed that if I let mine drop to less than 1/4 tank then under hard acceleration I actually loose fuel pressure so I never let it get low. Is your gauge malfunctioning?

Don't think the gauge is malfunctioning - it's just a gas hog!

Still, there's worse things to complain about!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back