Paxton Install question

sirhc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pics of their paxton install? I have seen a few during my searches on the board and generally they are from the top only. It may be impossible to get any of the lower half of the install. Im intersted in the keying of the crank and the amount of work that entails and the plumbing of the cooler.

Without raising the Paxton vs. Roe debate again I want to address my concerns prior to making a decision. I believe I have it correct in thinking that Paxton requires a tune after the install that will be custom. Roe offers tunes via the VEC module that are somewhat canned with the option of fine tuning via dyno? Is it possible for multiple tunes to be saved and loaded via SCT or the like for the Paxton?

I would love to do the install myself with the help of a capable person. I can turn a wrench and dont mind doing it but dont want to destroy my engine. That being said Im getting a price for the install of a Paxton and tune from a local shop to make my decision. Multiple question all over the map, Im sure someone can get me going in the correct direction.

Thanks,

Chris

The Roe is supposed to be a fairly simple, straightforward install, I would think the Paxton would be as well.

FATJACK said:
The Roe is supposed to be a fairly simple, straightforward install, I would think the Paxton would be as well.

halfway :dontknow: my Roe install... don't underestimate it... if you do it for the first time ... once heard a day work... don't know, at my tempo :eek: :D

Ok, i do the cranck pins , traction bars and exhaust at the same time...let's say i forsee 2 weeks of spare time to be busy :D :D

I,ve done a bunch of Paxton installs,I,m starting another one tonight!!(05 r/c)
I have not done a Roe yet,but from what I,ve seen,the paxton is more involved.(I,ll send you a P.M.)

1qksrt said:
I,ve done a bunch of Paxton installs,I,m starting another one tonight!!(05 r/c)
I have not done a Roe yet,but from what I,ve seen,the paxton is more involved.(I,ll send you a P.M.)

no way , a Paxton is just a little rerouting of the inlet tube... as far i see.....:p :D :D :D :D :D

belgiumbarry said:
no way , a Paxton is just a little rerouting of the inlet tube... as far i see.....:p :D :D :D :D :D

The Paxton requires,computer wired in,jumper pumps plumbed and wired,removel of rad. and pwr. str. hoses,drill and pin crank,drill and tap oil pan for return and a host other little fun things....But like I said,I haven,t done a Roe yet.

1qksrt said:
The Paxton requires,computer wired in,jumper pumps plumbed and wired,removel of rad. and pwr. str. hoses,drill and pin crank,drill and tap oil pan for return and a host other little fun things....But like I said,I haven,t done a Roe yet.

ok, we don't need extra fuel pumps and no drilling the oil pan ... for the rest it's about the same.. i think....Strange they don't use a SC like Procharger... running in his own oil.... like our Roe also....

Thanks Scott that is what I was looking for. How did drilling the oil pan work out for you. Looks like it went well, Im thinking a sack of brass nuts is on the list of tools. Son of a why does this have to be such a hard decision. Also if I install the system can it be driven without any boost prior to tuning. The tuner is about an hour south of me and I will need to get it to them after the install. This is of course if they will tune what I install, waiting to get that info and the cost if I decide to have them tune it. The ease of the Roe install makes this much less painful.

Chris

sirhc76 said:
Thanks Scott that is what I was looking for. How did drilling the oil pan work out for you. Looks like it went well, Im thinking a sack of brass nuts is on the list of tools. Son of a why does this have to be such a hard decision. Also if I install the system can it be driven without any boost prior to tuning. The tuner is about an hour south of me and I will need to get it to them after the install. This is of course if they will tune what I install, waiting to get that info and the cost if I decide to have them tune it. The ease of the Roe install makes this much less painful.

Chris

I am just running the DC Stage 2 Blower Flash, I just bought a second computer and had him tune that for me ahead of time, do the install, and drop the computer in place... and wa-la... boosted truck with good tune.

Drilling the oil pan is kinda a PITA, but I used a 3/8" angle drill from Milwaukee and it did the trick, we just jacked up the front of the truck, drilled the hole carefully, and then sucked out the chips from the pan with a pointed nozzle on the shop vac.

Also drilling the crank was a major beeeotch.... you have to remove the radiator to do it.. and that takes at least 2 people to lift out....

excellent pictorial,:rock:
gotta luv it,I never get bored doing them!!!:D
After you remove the rad(fun)Just move the condenser outta da way and the crank drill is a cake walk!!!:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back