Paxton owners step inside

tsmith3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to be loosing boost around 3200 rpm ot 3800 rpm:dontknow:. I don't know if the belt is slipping or what. I have a boost gauge that I will be installing once i get the pod from Stinker, should have it in by this weekend. Truck seems to be running fine... no pinging or hesitation

Also was wondering what you guys are running for plugs? Does NGK ZFR6-11 sound right?

Ok, I got the boost gauge installed and with an extra set of eyes watching it with the rpms. I seem to be building 1 psi from 3000 rpm to about 4800 rpm then it builds up to 6-7psi at shift point (5500).

Any thoughts on this? I've called paxton and they seem to be stumped.

Does anybody know a reputable tuner in the Denver or Salt lake City area?

I'm no expert on paxtons or anything for that matter:D

but sounds like the belt IS slipping when the boost shold be commin on:dontknow:

and as the rpms increase the belt catches up with the rpms:dontknow:

anyway you should be able to mark the belt with chalk, and at the same location mark the pulley, run it down the road, with the conditions being the same, come back and check to see if the mark is still at the same location on the belt and the pulley:dontknow:

worth giving a shot?
That way you could actually tell if the belt was slippin or not??:dontknow:

I just chalked it and ran it up the interstate. SOB is running like a raped ape now building boost down low like it used to. It has to be the belt slipping. I'm having a problem finding the marks I put on. Well check it again later with better markings.

I ordered a new belt and I will also check all the pulleys.

How many miles are on the install? I was only getting around 12,000 miles to a belt before I noticed slipping.

Joe

RedSrt007 said:
put on a new belt..I change mine every 8-10k..just a maintenance deal.

The way you play around, I'd be ordering blower belts by the gross......;)

But, who can blame you.....

D

My belt started slipping at around 10,000 miles,
Now at 14,000 miles,I,ll be changing it out!!!:burnout:

Stinker said:
I'm no expert on paxtons or anything for that matter:D

but sounds like the belt IS slipping when the boost shold be commin on:dontknow:

and as the rpms increase the belt catches up with the rpms:dontknow:

anyway you should be able to mark the belt with chalk, and at the same location mark the pulley, run it down the road, with the conditions being the same, come back and check to see if the mark is still at the same location on the belt and the pulley:dontknow:

worth giving a shot?
That way you could actually tell if the belt was slippin or not??:dontknow:
Paxton came out with a new pully in '05, late in '05. The new one comes ribbed and is a little smaller so it doesn't rub at all. Dan at dcperformance also put a new belt on that also comes ribbed.......NO SLIPPING NOW!

Quick

I had a belt slippage issue on mine, that I fixed easily.

- New belt every 8-10k miles.

- Roughed the pulley on the head, using a wirebrush on my drill. Not a whole lot, just enough to take the "gleem" off the finish.. didnt slip ever again... but I still replaced the belt every 8-10k...

By doing that I gain at least 2psi of boost, and was able to hold at 7.5lbs on a regular basis.... even though the tires were melting off the truck.... :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back