paxton supercharger??

redram10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whats the diffrnt from a qc and rc paxton kits? will a rc work on a qc? been looking up info 171 hp gain for rc and only 95 for qc i no the auto tranny takes away but i didnt think it would 75 hp loss. and if i got a kit that was on a rc would it not work on a qc?would i gain more hp bc it was made for a rc???:dontknow:

only difference is you will blow up the tranny on a qc, thats why they only recommend a 95hp jump on the qc

so is it the tune for the paxton or the supercharger? what would you have to do to the tranny to make it work

do a quick search, its going to get expensive. a paxton needs alot if you are going to try and pull over 200hp out of it.
tranny ($2500)
engine
cost of blower

probably $17k total

oh and i would get justin procharger set up

so what would i need to change on a paxton kit for rc to make it work on a qc
maybe just a tune?

dont have that kindof change for the pro charger i wish dont you have to ur motor forged to run it anyways

paxton has a QC blower ecm, flash your vin on it. you will get an extra 100 to the wheels, if you go past that stuff will break very fast.

your tranny will go regardless though

redram10 said:
dont have that kindof change for the pro charger i wish dont you have to ur motor forged to run it anyways

Justin does have an entry level ProCharger system available for stock engines. I think you'd find the cost difference new-new, is not as much as you think. You also have an upgrade path if/when you go through your engine. A few of us have tried the Paxton on a built engine, and found it next to useless.:eek:

Either way, you're going to be building a tranny.;)

redram10 said:
whats the diffrnt from a qc and rc paxton kits? will a rc work on a qc? been looking up info 171 hp gain for rc and only 95 for qc i no the auto tranny takes away but i didnt think it would 75 hp loss. and if i got a kit that was on a rc would it not work on a qc?would i gain more hp bc it was made for a rc???:dontknow:
Wrong. I went from 440 rwhp N/A to 590 rwhp in my QC. And, that's with Torrie tuning it. He's very conservative. Get the Paxton, dump the Paxton ECM and fuel pumps. Get an SCT (so Torrie can tune it), 65lb injectos and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump. Stick with stock boost, don't get greedy and when Torrie's done tuning it, you'll have a grin from ear to ear. :D

Last edited:
redram as long as you go with the way its delivered I think you will be fine, jsut keep the tranny serviced, dont dog the crap out of it, now if you are going ot the track a ton, yes "eventually" you may have tranny problems,

but dont try to get tons of hp, get your 600 and be very happy.

yes there is a difference in the rc and the qc, but I do suggest you go with a sct tuner, junk the split second box, and go witha kenne bell boosta pump for fuel pressure,

pm santeen, he is doing a excellent job on his, and doing his research and learning every single day bud:congrats:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
redram as long as you go with the way its delivered I think you will be fine, jsut keep the tranny serviced, dont dog the crap out of it, now if you are going ot the track a ton, yes "eventually" you may have tranny problems,

but dont try to get tons of hp, get your 600 and be very happy.

yes there is a difference in the rc and the qc, but I do suggest you go with a sct tuner, junk the split second box, and go witha kenne bell boosta pump for fuel pressure,

pm santeen, he is doing a excellent job on his, and doing his research and learning every single day bud:congrats:
I got special help from yourself and Big Sexy. And all it cost me was a box of Fruity Pebbles.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back