PCM cleared. No start

Itsmekylep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sold my truck last week.:( not happy about it but It's something I had to do for now. Anyway the new owner plugged the sct in and it read an error code 11 and then locked up and the truck won't start. He had it towed to the dealer and they said the PCM had been cleared and won't respond. Not sure if they want him to but a new one or not. Any suggestions?

He says when plugged in you choose an option and it says to turn key on leave engine off. As soon as key is turned on the error code comes up.

Shouldn't a hard reset on the PCM by touching the terminals together reset it to stock?

Lol, no. That just resets fuel/timing learning curves also known as fuel trims and any CHeck engine lights.
Sounds like maybe he interrupted the process during the flash or battery got low during flash. It does erase memory and reinstalls with tune. It saves stock tune in SCT. If he interrupted cable connection during erase/save process I could see it erasing memory. Dealer should be able to restore PCM stock tune by vin #

I'd call a tuner and ask their idea. Check fuses as well. Note whether power windows and other things work. There's a fuse in fuse box next to airbag fuses that goes to PCM and ignition and obd2 plug

I told him to tell his dealer to check those things and make sure they know it's a mopar aftermarket PCM just in case

I told him to tell his dealer to check those things and make sure they know it's a mopar aftermarket PCM just in case

I think an SCT tuner can fix it. It's basically like a glitch in your home PC. It happens. Something happened during saving/erasing/uploading that failed to install any tune in PCM

It sucks because he says the tuner reads an error every time he tries. It's hard to try and help him over the phone. Now I know how all you vendors feel trying to help us over the internet lol

I think an SCT tuner can fix it. It's basically like a glitch like your home PC. It happens. Something happened during saving/erasing/uploading that failed to install any tune in PCM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back