Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, i'm having one hell of a time deciding on what to get. I plan on getting
a FI sometime in May and heard that a PCM can't handle FI. also, that a
VEC can malfunction easier than a PCM :dontknow:

What's your take?

Sharpi

FI=Forced Induction.

Have never heard of any VEC malfunctioning. Go with the VEC3 ;)

Talk to the tuner that's going to install your FI and tune your beast. ;)

He is your best source of info concerning what will work best for your particular needs. :rock:

Haha, that's the problem. I am my own tuner. Sean @ Roe was going to send
me a set of tuned smart cards for the VEC. There are a couple of shops that
tune around here but none that actually have any experience with a Viper
engine. I will probly be doing the install (FI) with me and a couple of my
friends during a weekend.

Sharpi

I also have no one in my area to tune for me. Closest is about 2 to 3 hrs away.

Good to know I can call Roe and have some Cards sent to me all done.
Did he give you a price on the cards?

Yeah, i talked to Dave and this is the email he sent back to me

Dave at Roe Racing said:
We can provide a performance tune based on the modifications you have done to your vehicle. If you would like to have the vehicle dyno tested, after installation of the VEC3, you can send us that information and we will write a custom program for you based on that info. The charge is $20 plus shipping. I hope this info helps. If you have other questions, or would like to place an order, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sharpi

That is really awsome Ill need to get on the phone and have a chat with him.
Thanks for the good info bud, Dominick

I had a VEC 2 in my RC... but I also needed the flash to do things the VEC doesn't do... i.e. turn the fan on earlier.. <among other things>... for the price however... the VEC is a lot more flexible... the PCM/ECM is kinda a black box:dontknow:

VEC III...because of flexibility and it can also be used as an anti-theft device...Sean can send you a "No Start" card...mount your reader in the cab.

Go with the VEC

I'm one of the lucky people that lives near Roe Racing. David and Sean did a lot of tuning on my vehicle on the dyno. The VEC can be programmed to function as a switch or trigger to turn on numerous upgrades. Those guys are the experts on their product and should be able to answer your questions about interfacing with forced induction.....The Prof knows all about that!

I like the ability to insert a smart card in my VEC and make the vehicle "more driveable" for my wife. It used to scare her as the engine developed torque and she refused to drive it in the rain. They tuned a softer throttle tip in for when my wife drives it....not often! The fuel mileage is better and the a/f ratio is optimized thru the entire rpm range. The VEC was a great addition for me.

Mark

Wow...Mark posts! This man seldom posts...but has one of the most unique SRT 10's around...he knows this truck!

Nice to hear from you Mark! Miss you bud!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back