Peak HP ???

Get Bit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me ‘peak hp’ versus hp throughout the power ban? For example, if say I added the Stage II, which was a gain of say 80 / 100 I read the comment that that the gain from the Stage II is not peak HP, it is throughout the power ban. So if I were to do back to back dynos and merge the charts together, the peak between the stock dyno and the modded dyno is not going to have an 80rwhp difference at the peak? Or will there be an average or 80hp and 100ftlbs gain throughout the powerban?

Is that what it means by not a PEAK gain? I am just using general numbers for an example.

Thanks guys!

Max or peak HP is the highest point on the graph. Now the stage 2 does kind of what you already talked about. Do 2 dyno runs. One with the stage 2 one without. Place them on top of each other and you will see the lines run higher on the stage 2 graph and at certain points (ie 3000 RPM) you will see gains of 80HP. You won't see 80 HP gains through out the power curve. But you will see higher numbers in the lower RPM's. Does that help you out?

edit: The 80 HP is not an average. It was a point on the power curve where the most gains were made. You might only gain 30 HP at 2500 RPM but gain 60 at 3200 RPM.

Last edited:
The flashes (at least on the RC) isn't as much increase of HP/TQ as much as it is WHEN the tq comes into play. After the flash, what you are feeling is the tq coming into the range a LOT sooner then factory, giving you that seat-in-the-pants increase....similar to re-gearing. Now there is an increase in HP / TQ, but the change in RPM power is Awesome!

-Red

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back