Phew!

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finaly got the new exhaust gasket which fixed my problem, but I still have another problem I need to iron out before I hit the spray. I'm still running lean, even at idle the A/F is between 15-16.5. When I'm crusing it does'nt change much until I let off the gas and then it runs in the high 16's to even maxing out the gauge wich goes to 18. When I drop the hammer, it stays in the mid to low 13's.

Oh yeah, when I changed out my spark plugs there were definate signs of detination. Is this lean thing caused by the Stage 2 flash? Also can I have them reflash the PCM to retard the timing 1-2 degrees for the N2O?

I would go back to the stock PCM when you plan on using the NOS, or get a dyno tune with an SCT. You could have three tunes: Everyday (No NOS), NOS, and NOS with race fuel.

Just my two cents. I would gamble $7K (New engine) using your existing tune with NOS.

Lotsa timing and lean AFR under nitrous is asking for trouble. Geta SCT.

msdnga said:
Lotsa timing and lean AFR under nitrous is asking for trouble. Geta SCT.
Take my advice get a SCT tuner from Marty,he has done wonders for my truck.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Good to hear you fixed your little problem...Good for you bud...:rock:

SCT...

And hurry, detonation is the beginning of the end with these engines.

Marty will be exact on AF but as I recall 11.5 is safe.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
what should the af be running at .. ?

14.5-14.7 (stoichiometric) at idle and moderate acceleration (still closed loop). 12-12.7 under WOT (open loop).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back