Phoenix Az: SRT Quad cab....nailed

Chuck B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in north Phx this week running around in my Insight. Pulling onto EB 101 from 75th ave. A nice looking grey SRT quad cab comes flying around me on the onramp cutting across the Gore zone (not smart). Truck sounds good but if the driver had taken 2 sec to look in his rear mirror more carefully he'd have noticed Hwy Patrol cruising with traffic a few cars back.

I'd estimate the truck topped out around 90-95mph before coming up on traffic. Hwy patrol pulled around me and slowly accelerating to pursue. I sped up to watch. Few minutes later I could see him light up and both began to pull over. Hopefully, all the driver got was a speeding ticket. Crossing a Gore point is very expensive... If you are going to speed find a rabbit and don't cross Gore points! :hmmmm2:

Thanks for your concern & you were close, it was 90. You must have seen something that he nor I saw, The Gore Zone, because it wasn't discussed. He told me that I had a fast truck, I said thanks & he said it wasn't meant as a good thing. Ran my license, registration & insurance. He said he was out of the station at 35th Ave & Pinnacle Peak & had seen my 10 around the neighborhood. I told him that I lived at 40th & Pinnacle Peak. He asked where I was coming from, I told him Fry's. He asked me where I was going, I told him home. He warned me about speeding & told me he had another call so he let me go with a verbal warning. Hope the other call wasn't you. Now you know the rest of the story.

verbal warning getting caught doing 90mph? wow you guys have some understanding cops down there............

verbal warning getting caught doing 90mph? wow you guys have some understanding cops down there............

I got caught doing 125 by a Sugarland cop and he let me go .Screamed at me so loud though his breath was blowing my hair back lol .:D Said he would have thrown me under the jail if I had not pulled over and waited for him to catch up .

Last edited:
06SRT10 - Good to hear!

Gore Zone - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_(road) Most states consider any solid white line be treated as an impassable barrier. Gore Zone was named after an officer who was killed from a driver crossing the zone. Most dept's consider this area a non-negotiable violation.

Speeding - Az highway patrol thankfully treats speeding only not a ticketable offense. Most combine that with conditions/situation before issuing a ticket. With 06SRT10 he simply accelerated and was obviously slowing down as he approached other drivers. If he continued at speed passing others the speed differential would have triggered a reason for issuing a ticket.

Heck we have 85 mph speed limits in some areas so 90 ain't nothin :burnout:

True, however, when the sun goes down limits are reduced to 55mph on those same stretches of road and I can tell you from personal experience 2mph over will constitute a written ticket.

06SRT10 - Good to hear!

Gore Zone - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore_(road) Most states consider any solid white line be treated as an impassable barrier. Gore Zone was named after an officer who was killed from a driver crossing the zone. Most dept's consider this area a non-negotiable violation.

Speeding - Az highway patrol thankfully treats speeding only not a ticketable offense. Most combine that with conditions/situation before issuing a ticket. With 06SRT10 he simply accelerated and was obviously slowing down as he approached other drivers. If he continued at speed passing others the speed differential would have triggered a reason for issuing a ticket.

I thought it was something to do about Al Gore..the dude who invented the internet and who caused global warning to make money. Fastest I have done is 130mph..going up Peasley Canyon one night after work...shit makes goin' 55 like a slow walk...:burnout:

He told me that anything over 80 he could impound my truck & take me straight to jail. I told him I was accelerating to get onto the freeway to blend with the traffic. He said there is a difference between blending with the freeway traffic & out running it. I was probably lucky, should have bought a lotto ticket. Scott, I know what your talking about in Texas. I used to bury the speedometer between Borger & Amarillo & my relatives back there still do. It's easier to get out of a speeding ticket out here than it is to get out of a Gore ticket.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back