Pictures and info on JMB's electric fan

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heres a picture of Justin's fan mounted on the truck. I used a Flex-a-lite controller to operate the fan. Currently I have the controller set to the coldest position and with the truck running in the shop it never passed 170 F. Before it would have been over 200 F. For those contemplating on building there own, dont waste your time. This fan fits perfect and so far operates flawlessly.

There are 2 different fan controllers from Flex-a-lite. One has a probe that gets pushed into the radiator core and the other has a thread in sensor. I used the one with the thread in sensor, there is a plug on the timing cover just behind the thermostat that is a perfect spot for the thread in probe. Heres the one I used:

http://www.amazon.com/Flex-a-lite-33054-Thermostatic-Fan-Control/dp/B000A8N3ME

IMG_6056.jpg

Damn Tyler that looks first class, really cleans up the front of the engine. The radiator coolant bottle concerns me a little, looks like it needs an additional brace to the canister itself. Probably just looks like that if any one knows what they are doing it is Justin.

FATJACK said:
Damn Tyler that looks first class, really cleans up the front of the engine. The radiator coolant bottle concerns me a little, looks like it needs an additional brace to the canister itself. Probably just looks like that if any one knows what they are doing it is Justin.

It really is quite solid the way it is, I will keep a eye on it to make sure.

FATJACK said:
It really looks better with that big ass bottle out of the way.

Heck ya, those bottles are super ugly. I also have JMB's washer fluid reservoir as well and it cleans up the engine compartment big time. I also moved the fuse panel, battery, and ABS module, and then ditched the cruise control, and all the evap system stuff as well to clean it up a little more.

yellowfever#154 said:
Heck ya, those bottles are super ugly. I also have JMB's washer fluid reservoir as well and it cleans up the engine compartment big time. I also moved the fuse panel, battery, and ABS module, and then ditched the cruise control, and all the evap system stuff as well to clean it up a little more.

Can you tell me where you moved the abs and fuse module to? When you do it, do you lose cruise control? Also what is the evap system? Thanks!

Michael

precisiondyeing said:
Can you tell me where you moved the abs and fuse module to? When you do it, do you lose cruise control? Also what is the evap system? Thanks!

Michael

The ABS module is now mounted under the truck on the outside of the left frame rail, about where the drivers door starts. I extended the wiring harness and the 5 brake lines. The brake lines were a pain in the ass because Dodge use some super goofy thread size and pitch for the line nuts.

The fuse panel just got moved slightly so now the cover is facing the engine instead of facing upwards. It just makes the panel look smaller or thinner and tucks it in nice behind the headlight, the way Dodge had it mounted it took up alot of space. I built a bracket that bolted to the inside of the fender and then a single bolt and spacer on the bottom side that holds is solid. I thought about relocating it to the interior but that was a shat pile of work and I didnt want to tackle that at the time.

I took the cruise control off because it is ugly, thats the only reason why.

The evap system is basically a vacuum pump that pulls a vacuum in the fuel tank to prevent fuel vapors from entering the atmosphere. The pump is mounted on the front side of the fuel tank under the truck and then has a few lines that extend forward over the intake manifold of the engine and end up down by the A/C compressor. It is what gives you the check engine light when you leave your fuel cap off. I took all that stuff off also because it is ugly and is extra unnecessary weight.

Black Venom-'04 said:
looks good :rock: :rock:

Thanks, and it works just as good as it looks. On a normal day my coolant temp is the same as the opening temperature of my thermostat, 172 degrees. Well worth the money for sure, and once you have it then you dont have to buy it later when the Procharger goes on ;)

Very nice work! :rock: I'm interested in the same setup. I was looking at that controller but was concerned about the long term durability given it's 30A rating and the startup draw of 50A on those fans. The continuous is ~20A, so that should be fine. How's the controller temperature after operating for an hour or so? :confused:

Heres a picture of Justin's fan mounted on the truck. I used a Flex-a-lite controller to operate the fan. Currently I have the controller set to the coldest position and with the truck running in the shop it never passed 170 F. Before it would have been over 200 F. For those contemplating on building there own, dont waste your time. This fan fits perfect and so far operates flawlessly.

There are 2 different fan controllers from Flex-a-lite. One has a probe that gets pushed into the radiator core and the other has a thread in sensor. I used the one with the thread in sensor, there is a plug on the timing cover just behind the thermostat that is a perfect spot for the thread in probe. Heres the one I used:

Amazon.com: Flex-a-lite 33054 Thermostatic Fan Control: Automotive

IMG_6056.jpg

good looking engine bay brother. can you still get to the fuse box pretty easy. looking for a blown fuse in the dark on the side of the road comes to mind...lol just wondering. Love the silver powdercoating.

Thanks, it looks different again now that the NOS is gone and the Procharger was added, looks much better actually.

The fuse panel is no problem to get to, this winter I am going to move it again. Not sure where exactly but it will be completely out of sight. I am considering having some new inner fenders fabbed to clean it up even a little more, but that will come later.

The color is Chrome Smoke, one of Justin's upgraded colors.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back