Pictures of my problem

K-80-123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys here are some shots of my Smoking Hennessey Twin Turbo....I drove it for approx. 5 mile and let the truck warm up....I did NOT put my foot into it....no real boost at all.....I have talked about this but this is the first time I have posted any pictures.
100_0004.jpg

100_0010.jpg

100_0001-1.jpg

100_0003-1.jpg

100_0014.jpg

100_0012.jpg

100_0013.jpg

100_0011.jpg

100_0002-1.jpg

100_0001.jpg

I don't see anything wrong.........?....:D

Sorry Walt......

well at least you still have those Hennessey stickers on so everyone knows who did the quality work....

I was waiting for the school bus sign to come out from the side letting the kids go to school. I've said enough and hope more then anything you get that thing fixed. First mod...remove any mention of Hennessey.

On second thought, leave them on there...then everyone can see the quality of work that he does.

That is all for now. Best of luck, you deserve it after all this crap!!

I'm just curious about what Hennessey has to say about this. I really wonder how he still manages to get people to fall victim to his "incredible" business ethics.:dontknow:

Nowwhat said:
well at least you still have those Hennessey stickers on so everyone knows who did the quality work....

Thats my thoughts exactly....hopefully you get done right man :)

-Red

Venom Power said:
I'm just curious about what Hennessey has to say about this. I really wonder how he still manages to get people to fall victim to his "incredible" business ethics.:dontknow:

John has offered to have Nick his tuner fly to Tulsa to fix my truck in my driveway.....I am still thinking about that.....the truck only smokes when you stop.....it makes GREAT POWER....but when you pull up to a light....people next too you are looking at the truck and I am sure thinking it is cool looking....then they start laughing when it starts smoking.....I guess I would laugh too if I pulled up next to a hot rod that was smoking like it was on fire...:(:(

Thanks to Boomer for agreeing to look over my truck and fix it...:):)

Will I give Hennessey a 3rd chance to get it right.:dontknow: ....I will give anyone a 2nd chance....but a 3rd??????

I just want my truck correct.....maybe I will get there....I hope.

Walt

K-80-123 said:
the truck only smokes when you stop.....it makes GREAT POWER....

Walt

Hard to tell for sure from just pictures, but that looks like burning oil to me. Hopefully not too difficult to fix.

Anyway, L-O-V-E the wheels!:rock:

Hamrhead said:
Hard to tell for sure from just pictures, but that looks like burning oil to me. Hopefully not too difficult to fix.

Anyway, L-O-V-E the wheels!:rock:

Yes it smells like oil....blue smoke....JH says it's a flow control to the turbo..:dontknow: ....same thing we talked about when I sent it back the 1st time.

Walt

Last edited:
Damn Walt, if it is that bad in pics I can only imagine how bad it is in person. But, I for one would take JH up on his offer to send a guy up to you to fix it. Really, what have you got to lose? I know that there is a little bit of a pride thing and you are fed up and just want to be done with it, but in reality if he is willing to keep working on it and do it at your convenience then that is what I would do. I am not sticking up for him or trying to knock him, but I have built a bunch of bikes and a couple of times for seemingly no reason we would have a "problem child" that just kept giving us grief. We would continue to work on it until we got it right at no cost to the customer, who would obviously be pissed. But we always did get it worked out. I would give him that chance if it were me.

OCBob said:
Damn Walt, if it is that bad in pics I can only imagine how bad it is in person. But, I for one would take JH up on his offer to send a guy up to you to fix it. Really, what have you got to lose? I know that there is a little bit of a pride thing and you are fed up and just want to be done with it, but in reality if he is willing to keep working on it and do it at your convenience then that is what I would do. I am not sticking up for him or trying to knock him, but I have built a bunch of bikes and a couple of times for seemingly no reason we would have a "problem child" that just kept giving us grief. We would continue to work on it until we got it right at no cost to the customer, who would obviously be pissed. But we always did get it worked out. I would give him that chance if it were me.

I hear ya Bob....still chewing on that....may do that next week....thanks for your input.

Walt

Last edited:
WOw....U know its pretty sad to know that I used to look up JH shortly after i discovered the viper. I was always so fascinated with the stories I would read about the cars he had in motortrend, I remember reading the magazine over so many times pages would start falling out. I never thought he would be such a prick. I still cant seem to understand how it takes him months to build up a "1000" hp truck that he supposedly test drives for 100miles only to have it start fucking up upon arrival. These trucks are bare fucken bones. U could take it apart with a craftsmen sears tool set. The v-10 is not to far off from any other push rod engine. I honestly think i should apply for a job with jh. I am positive that I would be able to get cars and trucks out sooner and QC them in and out in a efficient manner and not have them comeback for bs stuff that should have been caught like an oil leak.

When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking that you probably couldnt see THAT much smoke!!!! Jesus, thats just an insane amount of smoke. I would let JH send his tuner up to your house to fix it. At least you can stand over him and see exactly what he is doing. You really have nothing to loose from it. You can still send it to Boomer later on.

Good luck Walt, with whatever you do.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
When I saw the title of this thread I was thinking that you probably couldnt see THAT much smoke!!!! Jesus, thats just an insane amount of smoke. I would let JH send his tuner up to your house to fix it. At least you can stand over him and see exactly what he is doing. You really have nothing to loose from it. You can still send it to Boomer later on.

Good luck Walt, with whatever you do.

patrick
Actually, it only takes a couple of drops of oil to make a whole lot of smoke.

I would have to think that JH has seen this type of problem before, being as he has turbocharged many vehicles. So he most likely knows the how to cure it. If he's willing to come to you and fix it on his dime, which he should considering the pricetag, you should let him.

I'm not saying he's a perfect businessman, but it does sound as if he's wanting to make things right. When you build super-high-horsepower vehicles like the one you have, you almost have to expect problems. God knows I had quite a few when my 650+hp V6 Syclone was built, and afterwards. How the problems are solved is what matters at this point, IMO.

And as much as I hate to say this, you've got ~1000hp at your fingertips (Err, Toetips?). If you use it, expect more problems down the road. If not engine, then another part of the drivetrain. More power = More maintenance = More breakage. It's all part of goin' fast!:D

Walt have him fly his tuner out....if nothing else it takes money out of his pocket....money that you put there....

with Walt's approval, i will fly up to Tulsa with my shop mgr on thursday. we will bring a spare flow control, new plugs, tools, etc. the worse thing it could be would be a bad seal in one of the turbos. we have a relationship with a good shop in the tulsa area and will have access to a lift if needed.

many thanks fot Walt for allowing us this opportunity to correct the situation.

John Hennessey said:
with Walt's approval, i will fly up to Tulsa with my shop mgr on thursday. we will bring a spare flow control, new plugs, tools, etc. the worse thing it could be would be a bad seal in one of the turbos. we have a relationship with a good shop in the tulsa area and will have access to a lift if needed.

many thanks fot Walt for allowing us this opportunity to correct the situation.

Seems like a good deal for you Walt. Your call.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back