Pigkin 8 man football plays?

phxpoolguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody else here coach 5-6 year old tackle football? Just wondering if anybody had some plays or advice.

I know its not a truck discussion but mostly everyone here has kids.

I did it for 5 years when my son was younger ,Its a hoot to see them play.

You will enjoy every bit of it .

work on hard on a reverse play, hand -off .Shift the whole line after hiking the ball then hand it off to your best runner the other way . ;)

Another one that worked great was the wildcat play .shift QB and runner and hike it straight to running back .Then you have to teach the runner to wait just a sec to see which way the defense is coming in at so he can run the opposite way on the outside .

Last edited:
Anybody else here coach 5-6 year old tackle football? Just wondering if anybody had some plays or advice.

Keep up the good work. Remember, these guys will be voting the laws you will have to live under when you get to be my age. My generation failed miserably, don't make the same mistake. :(:mad::(

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Keep up the good work. Remember, these guys will be voting the laws you will have to live under when you get to be my age. My generation failed miserably, don't make the same mistake. :(:mad::(

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

It's kid football not political training numb nuts , It suppose to be fun .

It's kid football not political training numb nuts , It suppose to be fun .

Hey brain dead, kids are trained in the good things or foul mouth ways of life when young. Evidently something you missed. Training kids PROPERLY is a GOOD thing, not political and oh bright one it starts when a kid is in the formative years. duh What the man is doing is great and if more dads did this we might have less IronHeads to contend with in life. :stupid: IronHead = BrainDead :D

Let kids be kids and enjoy their youth .There is no place in coaching to push you views on life and politics on THEM.

Once he gets the hang of he will do just fine play ball and make sure it if fun for THEM.No need to preach to them Or push your views on them Stumpy.
Just make it fun pool girl and you will get as much out of it as they will.

Let kids be kids and enjoy their youth .There is no place in coaching to push you views on life and politics on THEM.

Once he gets the hang of he will do just fine play ball and make sure it if fun for THEM.No need to preach to them Or push your views on them Stumpy.
Just make it fun pool girl and you will get as much out of it as they will.

Then we end up with a whole generation of Ironheads. :chain: Morals, good and evil, fair play are only a few of the things they learn----at a very young age. By 5 or 6 a kids understanding of justice and right vs. wong are ingrained so you teach your kids to have fun:sleep: and I will teach my grandkids about a good life. :rock: the better life.

We've already been practicing a few weeks, just starting to run plays. I sorta got thrown into coaching, last coach was a real butthole.

You do know this is about pigskin football and not how some Jack - Wagon wants you to raise your kids according to his ideas Don't you stumpy

We've already been practicing a few weeks, just starting to run plays. I sorta got thrown into coaching, last coach was a real butthole.

One year we had to bounce a coach because he would yell and pop the kids up side the head when they messed up ,half the parents pulled their kids out of his team .

I have a strong suspicion Jaime and Shorty don't like each other. :D
really I don't like or dislike stumpy ,I just think its no ones right to tell someone how to in doctorate their kids .Its like sending your kid to collage and finding out some liberal teacher is telling them how they should vote instead of the school curriculum. Just like its not a football coaches job to tell parents how to raise their kids or anyone else's job .

Last edited:
really I don't like or dislike stumpy ,I just think its no ones right to tell someone how to in doctorate their kids .Its like sending your kid to collage and finding out some liberal teacher is telling them how they should vote instead of the school curriculum. Just like its not a football coaches job to tell parents how to raise their kids or anyone else's job .

You truly are an Ironhead. You missed my point completely. :alberteinstein: THE DADDY SPENDING TIME WITH HIS SON DURING HIS FORMATIVE YEARS IS THE POINT. Not some Iron headed coach instructing the kid about politics or God forbid, Religion.

You truly are an Ironhead. You missed my point completely. :alberteinstein: THE DADDY SPENDING TIME WITH HIS SON DURING HIS FORMATIVE YEARS IS THE POINT. Not some Iron headed coach instructing the kid about politics or God forbid, Religion.

Are you retarded .Sometimes I think you run your mouth just because you cant stand not to have the last word .

I coached all three of my kids in sports and they all turned out great .I have never preached to them about politics in anyway .Dude pull your head out of your ass .

I would bet you never did the couching thing at all with your kids .

Last edited:
Tehehe, so easy to bait. Ya remind me of a big mouth bass. :burnout: Thanks for the laughs. :D

Wasn't it Brett Farve who said he would be leery to let his child play football? :( I think if it was my child I would reconsider the sport for all the reasons these professionals have spoken out against it (Brett wasn't the only one). I just don't want anyone's child to wind up like the great Muhammad Ali. :confused:

Wasn't it Brett Farve who said he would be leery to let his child play football? :( I think if it was my child I would reconsider the sport for all the reasons these professionals have spoken out against it (Brett wasn't the only one). I just don't want anyone's child to wind up like the great Muhammad Ali. :confused:

Good thought but this is about a dad being involved with his young son. :rock:And tickling IronHead. :D

One year we had to bounce a coach because he would yell and pop the kids up side the head when they messed up ,half the parents pulled their kids out of his team .

Same problem we had last season, last coach even threw his clipboard across the field and stormed off and sat in his car during game. We lost every game, they moved him up to coach bigger kids, they've lost every game he's coached with them as well. I call him Al Bundy trying to live his youth through his kid reminiscing about his high school days. I actually had to convince him to keep his kid at our level. He wanted to move him up to get hit by bigger kids to get him ready. Can you believe that shit. lol

Same problem we had last season, last coach even threw his clipboard across the field and stormed off and sat in his car during game. We lost every game, they moved him up to coach bigger kids, they've lost every game he's coached with them as well. I call him Al Bundy trying to live his youth through his kid reminiscing about his high school days. I actually had to convince him to keep his kid at our level. He wanted to move him up to get hit by bigger kids to get him ready. Can you believe that shit. lol
I had a dad get blistering pissed at me because he demanded his son be Quarterback.problem was the kid could not tie his own shoes his mom did it for him before every game.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back