"PING"...... " PING"..... "PING"....

Outlawl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be sitting in my living room an hour after driving and my truck ( engine block perhaps) will do this.

" PING!".

This is normal right?

Is this the aluminum block ?

Its the only car I have ever had that makes a noise like that, literally hours after driving it does this.

:dontknow:

Normally the cast Iron exhaust manifolds. Mine did that constantly till I installed the headers.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEhVnSydky4[/ame]

is that the noise you are hearing at 0:19? if not, does anyone know wtf that noise is.

had you just started the truck? and i won't ask if it was cold;)

was that to me or the OP? if it was to me, in this video, yes i just started the truck. However it does that even if the truck is warmed up. Does it every now and then. Scares the hell out of me when im working on the truck with the engine running and i hear that.

was that to me or the OP? if it was to me, in this video, yes i just started the truck. However it does that even if the truck is warmed up. Does it every now and then. Scares the hell out of me when im working on the truck with the engine running and i hear that.

That sounded like your exhaust pipes. I have a Olds rocket that makes that sound from the twice pipes.

I notice mine after I shut it off, it will ping every few minutes or so. It seems even an hour or so later it will ping.

Since the block is aluminum and the exhaust manifold is cast iron, I am thinking that they contract and expand at different rates ( due to heat, been a while since thermodynamics class).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back