Pistons

Alex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im looking at getting a set of diamond brand pistons since I am wanting to go with a boosted app on the truck. I know stock pistons are rated at 600 hp. Would I need all other internals too? Ive never built a vehicle before so I dont know much about it. Thabks for the help in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The way I would do it:
1. Determine your end goal
2. Make a list of the parts that should be upgraded with that end goal in mind.
3. Upgrade as much as your budget will allow.

With that being said, do the rods, pistons, bearings, gaskets, seals, etc. If there is money left over, add some more upgraded parts while you're in there.

Tony (JTSVP):) sold me a excellent package deal! I had the crank balanced for the new rods,pistons , coated bearings, cometic head gaskets, ARP head studs, assembled it all myself and it held together with 11psi boost! stock cam, hardened pushrods,Harland Sharp roller rockers stock heads. I am now N/A again and will re-Install the Nitrous for the track.

Im looking at getting a set of diamond brand pistons since I am wanting to go with a boosted app on the truck. I know stock pistons are rated at 600 hp. Would I need all other internals too? Ive never built a vehicle before so I dont know much about it. Thabks for the help in advance

Are you are talking about the Diamond pistons that fit the stock rods?
If so I went down that road before having my engine done. Came to the conclusion that the stock rods are not strong enough unless you are doing a totally stock rebuild. The other problem is the size of the wrist pin. Diamond/Roe & stock junk are the only pistons that will fit the stock rod as far as I know. You are going to need a H beam rod to handle any kind of forced induction.

Thank you for the info, thats exactly what I was gonna do if you didnt tell me lol. I found a full upgrade im gonna buy for around 3k.

I bought my Diamond pistons thru Sean at Roe Racing and they will fit the stock rods. The stock rods are good up to 750 hp and save you some $$$.

Rods and pistons. Our rods really are junk. When the rod let's loose it often takes the block with it. There are several choices but like others said. What's your end goal? You have billet main caps to upgrade to as well the above mentioned items.

Rods and pistons. Our rods really are junk. When the rod let's loose it often takes the block with it. There are several choices but like others said. What's your end goal? You have billet main caps to upgrade to as well the above mentioned items.

It was bad enough that my engine needed pistons, rods, front cover/oil pump & cylinder head. If the crank or block was majorly damaged it would have more than doubled the cost to fix it. Last time I looked a crank shaft was $5,000 & the block was mostly unobtainable. This is not a job you want to pay for or do twice. I ended up going with Callies rods & stock main caps seeing forced induction was not in my future. Now if the new owner wants to spray it he should not have any mechanical problems.
If you know you are definitely installing a power adder get the billet main caps. It's worth the extra insurance.

The rods are not junk. The pistons are!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back